Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, USA 57

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, USA 57

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I said that, we will probably slip up somewhere. We aren’t squeaking out wins every night. We turned it over 20 times last night and won by 19. What we are doing isn’t normal.
    They've already "slipped up" several times. and they still won. The conference is that bad. combined with this Cajuns squad is the steadiest working group we've come across.

Quote Originally Posted by TonaldDrump View Post
    More than like a loss is going to happen but until then I am still going to expect to win them all. I am also going to enjoy the ride.
    Yep. When I look at the schedule, I fully expect a W in every single remaining game. However, I also think we will drop 1-2 games on the way to the tournament for the same reasons others' mentioned. And when we drop a game, I'm not gonna freak out and neither is the team.

BUT.I've been waiting for that "off night conference L" for 4 weeksand we haven't even come close yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    They've already "slipped up" several times. and they still won. The conference is that bad. combined with this Cajuns squad is the steadiest working group we've come across.
    Agreed, this isn’t your average conference favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    It’s really A bummer the conference is so down this year. If it were as good as last year it would really help the Cajuns be more battle tested. We would probably lose a couple of games but would still be the best team in the league and expected to win the tournament.

Its hard to predict UL winning every game
    Left on the schedule. But it is more difficult to say in any individual game that you expect them to lose. They will be double digit favorites from here on out

Agreed, this isn’t your average conference favorite.
    Bc we were picked 5th. lol swing and a miss, huh? (Not you)

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    I forgot about that. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    At this point we are the favorite, preseason picks are usually pretty meaningless unless a team is returning everyone.predicting a team with 3 P5 transfers that hadn’t touched the court yet is proving to be more Meaninless. It’s ours to lose

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    It’s really A bummer the conference is so down this year. If it were as good as last year it would really help the Cajuns be more battle tested. We would probably lose a couple of games but would still be the best team in the league and expected to win the tournament.

Left on the schedule. But it is more difficult to say in any individual game that you expect them to lose. They will be double digit favorites from here on out
    That's true. It's a bummer the conference isn't better for the reason you stated. because even if we end the season with a gaudy record for the effort. our fans also expect us to be formidable in an NCAA or NIT opening round.

As for winning every game in conference. there's no logic derived from what we are seeing to come up with "but they'll drop a game somewhere along the way". That's not "logic". In fact, as we put each W behind us. unless there's an opponent ahead deemed better than us. the probability of a "perfect conference season" increases. It does not decrease. Only fans "get more stressed" about some impending expectation unrealized. And when fans get stressed (those that fuel their own silly stress). you read on fan boards projections of "dropping a game". it's a fan's way of accepting an emotional hit a little bit at a time. instead of all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post

They will absolutely NOT be double digit favorites from here on out. Right now I would think we might be a road dog at Ga. State and if we are favored it won't be by more than two or three. We'll be a favorite at GS, but not a big one.

We will also probably be single digit favorites when we go to Troy and USA.

I'm interested on who is going to get their drawers in a wad when this team finally loses.

At this point we are the favorite, preseason picks are usually pretty meaningless unless a team is returning everyone.predicting a team with 3 P5 transfers that hadn’t touched the court yet is proving to be more Meaninless. It’s ours to lose is it not?
    That's 100% correct. We are in the driver's seat. It is ours to lose. I think the bigger note on this season isn't that we might go undefeated in conference. It's that this is a very mentally steady team. I honestly don't know how good they are. on balance with other teams in other conferences. But they are extremely tough mentally. It's a cool ride.

That swing through Georgia will be no walk in the park. Ga State always plays tough at home and Ga Southern, like a wounded animal, is dangerous.

If we do have to lose a game, I hope it's one where we just got sloppy and figured if we showed up we'd win. A loss like that just before the tourney wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing to get the guys really focused.

Having said that, this team doesn't seem like that kind of team. There's a lot of character amongst this bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    I believe Jay said 5,436
    Again I don't believe this includes students as they just look at our ID's and don't actually scan them.

But I'll bet they can count.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The chances of going undefeated in conference play are extremely low. It's tough for any team to go undefeated for that type of stretch, especially when you are playing half your games on the road which isn't easy. You won't have to worry about the stress release I'm thinking. I just want to win conference first.
    In fact the last team in SBC to go undefeated in conference play did it 25 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Again I don't believe this includes students as they just look at our ID's and don't actually scan them.
    Yeah I’ve noticed that a few times and usually the announced attendance is typically paid attendance

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information