Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, USA 57

Default Re: MBB GameON: Louisiana vs. South Alabama 7:15pm

Post game show is a train wreck. Not Jay's fault, the music the dome plays when the kids have access to the court, can't hear Jay or Marlin.

Default Re: MBB GameON: Louisiana vs. South Alabama 7:15pm

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Post game show is a train wreck. Not Jay's fault, the music the dome plays when the kids have access to the court, can't hear Jay or Marlin.
    Agree. I tried to listen when I got to the car and pretty much immediately turned it off. Couldn't hear squat. Seems like they could do the Coach's show after the kids are done shooting. It's only 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Agree. I tried to listen when I got to the car and pretty much immediately turned it off. Couldn't hear squat. Seems like they could do the Coach's show after the kids are done shooting. It's only 15 minutes.
    Or simply turn the music lower or, gasp, off. Kids can play either way. But the smack kids talk might freak parents out.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post

Wonder why PJ Hardy doesn't get to play more.
    I was wondering the same. Saw the answer last night. Size and speed.

The upgrade with the transfers in this year is very evident where roles have changed from last year. Stove probably impacted the most. I have the utmost respect for a player in his position that adapts and stays positive. If Stove was whining, it could be like a cancer to the team. With all the jumping ship college basketball players do, it's a credit to ALL the players we have that have accepted the changes.

Marlin, to his credit, has players that have bought into each other. Don't know how the season will end, we have plenty of hurdles left.Miller's injury and absence was very evident last night.Gant's hand is obviously bothering him.we've ducked the flu so far.our road games in league so far were against the bottom of the league.second half of league season 5 of 9 on road with other than ULM, road won't be easy. SBC is still a one bid league, we're not even near the "bubble". Pressure will be crazy, especially if we run the table in the regular season. Adversity will test this team's character at some point.

One game at a time.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, USA 57

We need to iron out the bugs on Troy before the Georgia trip. Ron Hunter would like nothing more than to give us a loss. I will be brutally honest. I would trade a loss in the regular season in order to sweep the tournament.

6. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, USA 57

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Or simply turn the music lower or, gasp, off.
    The sound of many basketballs bouncing is sweet music.

7. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, USA 57

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    We need to iron out the bugs on Troy before the Georgia trip. Ron Hunter would like nothing more than to give us a loss. I will be brutally honest. I would trade a loss in the regular season in order to sweep the tournament.
    It’s never a question of either or. There’s a line of thinking that the longer a win streak goes the more internal stress builds. IMO that’s not on our horizon. We’ve had three defeats this year and that’s enough stress releasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    The chances of going undefeated in conference play are extremely low. It's tough for any team to go undefeated for that type of stretch, especially when you are playing half your games on the road which isn't easy. You won't have to worry about the stress release I'm thinking. I just want to win conference first.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The chances of going undefeated in conference play are extremely low. It's tough for any team to go undefeated for that type of stretch, especially when you are playing half your games on the road which isn't easy. You won't have to worry about the stress release I'm thinking. I just want to win conference first.
    14,10,33,18,34,12,25,19.margin of victory in conference. Not saying we won’t drop one at some point but this team isn’t having much stress. They are having a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    14,10,33,18,34,12,25,19.margin of victory in conference. Not saying we won’t drop one at some point but this team isn’t having much stress. They are having a lot of fun.
    I'm aware of what we are doing. Six of the Eight wins thus far have come against the worst teams in conference. I think we are likely the most talented team in the conference this year but that doesn't mean we win every game. It just doesn't happen. The numbers suggest you slip up somewhere or the team has a period of games where they are not in sync. It just happens and its why I think winning conference is extremely important in beginning to build a consistent program.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'm aware of what we are doing. Six of the Eight wins thus far have come against the worst teams in conference. I think we are likely the most talented team in the conference this year but that doesn't mean we win every game. It just doesn't happen. The numbers suggest you slip up somewhere or the team has a period of games where they are not in sync. It just happens and its why I think winning conference is extremely important in beginning to build a consistent program.
    I said that, we will probably slip up somewhere. We aren’t squeaking out wins every night. We turned it over 20 times last night and won by 19. What we are doing isn’t normal.

More than like a loss is going to happen but until then I am still going to expect to win them all. I am also going to enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by TonaldDrump View Post
    More than like a loss is going to happen but until then I am still going to expect to win them all. I am also going to enjoy the ride.
    Even when we play bad we win by double digitson the road.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Going undefeated in conference has nothing to do with stress. You don't "not go undefeated" because of anything other than what would have beat you if were .500 in conference. You were either up against someone better than you that night. or you aren't better than the conference in its entirety. Right now, UL is arguably better than everyone in conference. and they play like a team that takes care of business day in and day out.

The only group that is going to be under stress regarding going undefeated, winning the conference, and (especially) winning the conference tournament. are the UL fans.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Even when we play bad we win by double digitson the road.
    Yes to this point, I think the Georgia swing will be tough. Again I expect to win those games. I would like to see a big beat down in Atlanta.

Georgia Southern loss to Texas State with Tookie Brown. Brown missed the game in Atlanta with a concussion.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information