Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Need some Cajun wisdom ( Eat Acadiana )

Default Re: Need some Cajun wisdom

Can not go wrong with Cajun Table very good food as far as I am concerned.

My take on places to eat in Lafayette is: Where every you eat be sure to get to know one server real well. Always request that server. He or she will learn what you like and make sure it is right before it leaves the kitchen. You will not want for anything while you are enjoying your meal. Now, tip is the big thing. 20% is the least amount you should offer. If you get a poor meal but great service it not the servers fault. I have talked to managers in this case and told them why it was my last visit. So where to eat in Lafayette, my answer is you can't go wrong. I have walked into some restaurants that looked like they should be on skid row and had a 5 star meal.So "wscoog", look at the parking lot and make a judgment whether to indulge

Chef Roy in Rayne, Shucks in Abbeville, Riverfront in Abbeville, Dupuys in Abbeville, Half Shell Oyster House in Lafayette, Feezo in Scott, Prejeans.The list goes on and on.

____.Cajun Table for lunch it is. Steamboat is well worth the trip. Jason is a master chef, one of the best around.

Cajun Brewing has a wide range of beer styles. If you like IPAs than Parish is the place.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post
    try Dwight's for lunch. do lagneaux's for the seafood buffett. the others you mentioned, come ci, comme ca. my wife loved the plantation tours. st. francisville is a nice place for that.
    To each his own, but Lagneaux's is not great seafood. Just a seafood buffet. Dwight's, Hub City Diner and Dwyers are great lunch venues. Drago's, Don's Seafood Hut, Blue Dog, Fezzo's, Poor Boys Riverside Inn, Ruffino's and Zea Rotisserie & Bar are all good eating in Lafayette area.

I enjoyed going to Teche Brewery in Arnaudville. They usually have a band and a food in the afternoon. I recommend Le Bon Ton on Verot.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Scratch Zea and HalfShell. I dont want chain food.
    Bon Temps Grill is where its at. Small place, small menu but everything is great.
    Riverside, Shucks, Dupuys are great. Fezzos, Cajun Table is just ok.
    The advice that you will find something good just about anywhere in town is correct.

Agree with Ole Colony. Cajun brewing has a decent variety, but Parish is by far the top dog around here. But they're more than just IPA's. They have Reve Stout, Canebrake, Southcoast, the Fuzz, strawberry Canebrake, along with the great variety of IPAs.

Wife and I prefer the brunch buffet at Little Big Cup on Sundays. Definitely a neat place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Scratch Zea and HalfShell. I dont want chain food.
    Bon Temps Grill is where its at. Small place, small menu but everything is great.
    Riverside, Shucks, Dupuys are great. Fezzos, Cajun Table is just ok.
    The advice that you will find something good just about anywhere in town is correct.
    Forgot Bon Temp Grill, excellent food. Not a very large dinning room.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    To each his own, but Lagneaux's is not great seafood. Just a seafood buffet. Dwight's, Hub City Diner and Dwyers are great lunch venues. Drago's, Don's Seafood Hut, Blue Dog, Fezzo's, Poor Boys Riverside Inn, Ruffino's and Zea Rotisserie & Bar are all good eating in Lafayette area.
    Dons Seafood Hut is garbage. In an effort to have the two originals and the franchises have the same menu they prepare food offsite.

In regards to plantations and golfing. St. Francisville is a 1.5 hour drive with some neat plantations and The Bluffs are about a 20 min drive from downtown St. Francisville. I don't play golf, but my father-in-law really enjoyed playing there. It's a different look from some of your traditional South Louisiana courses.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Agree with Ole Colony. Cajun brewing has a decent variety, but Parish is by far the top dog around here. But they're more than just IPA's. They have Reve Stout, Canebrake, Southcoast, the Fuzz, strawberry Canebrake, along with the great variety of IPAs.

Wife and I prefer the brunch buffet at Little Big Cup on Sundays. Definitely a neat place.
    Get the Reve Stout while you can. It is a fantastic beer. Basically alcoholic coffee, in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Little Big Cup's food is average. It's a cool place though
    Only been there once, cuz I have to drive past a dozen great restaurants to get there. It was worth the trip to eat this.

Two words: HOUMAS HOUSE. Best plantation tour in the state and the grounds are absolutely gorgeous.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information