Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Basketball Student section

Default Re: Student section

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Crowd and kids love all those things going on in the break. It’s not for me, but it sure as hell isn't a bother or distraction.
    My wife loves them.

UPC STUDENT SPOTLIGHT SHOT NEEDS TO COME BACK, AND UP THE MONEY

3. UL Basketball Re: Student section

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Kids today are mostly interested in their smart phones and video games. I see it every day. They are walking to class texting, listening to music or whatever the hell else they do on the phones. It's like the cell phone zombie apocalypse. I really don't think they really care about going to a basketball game.

Wait, they don't have smart phones at Wichita State, Wake, Boise just a few places I saw lots of students activity?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Wait, they don't have smart phones at Wichita State, Wake, Boise just a few places I saw lots of students activity?
    I just posted this under another thread "Push for Attendance" that should be linked with this one.

Who cares what the SEC does? Get the students to the games, have cheers that actually involve the students, who can then carry the atmosphere for the games and make the games something that alumni and fans want to attend. We MUST have heavy student attendance and involvement in our games. There is no reason not to have at least 3,000 - 4,000 students at every game, regardless of time.

Why can't we have what Utah State has? They are not an SEC or even PAC 12 school. Yet, this is exactly the kind of atmosphere we want / need at the CajunDome. And, no excuses for the size of the Dome. We get 8 - 10,000 fans at each game and no one will notice any empty seats in the upper decks. But, somebody has got to take charge and choreograph this kind of thing unique to UL. This will get not only the students involved, but get the other fans in attendance excited about attending UL basketball games. See the following YouTube links to Utah State basketball:

HD I Believe! Utah State Men's Basketball! 1080P - YouTube

Utah State basketball pre-game rituals - YouTube

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    This

Free beer for anyone over 60 with a student ID.

Was at my daughters dancing competition at the Cajundome last week. We are all New Orleans people so we are used to high priced concessions. The prices at the Cajundome are outrageous. All of us went out of our way to eat off site and smuggle in food or drink for others. They are losing money with those prices.

Quote Originally Posted by TonaldDrump View Post
    Actually they should sell a package like a hotdog and a beer for $10 when you purchase a ticket.

This was a good promotion

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I just posted this under another thread "Push for Attendance" that should be linked with this one.

Who cares what the SEC does? Get the students to the games, have cheers that actually involve the students, who can then carry the atmosphere for the games and make the games something that alumni and fans want to attend. We MUST have heavy student attendance and involvement in our games. There is no reason not to have at least 3,000 - 4,000 students at every game, regardless of time.

Why can't we have what Utah State has? They are not an SEC or even PAC 12 school. Yet, this is exactly the kind of atmosphere we want / need at the CajunDome. And, no excuses for the size of the Dome. We get 8 - 10,000 fans at each game and no one will notice any empty seats in the upper decks. But, somebody has got to take charge and choreograph this kind of thing unique to UL. This will get not only the students involved, but get the other fans in attendance excited about attending UL basketball games. See the following YouTube links to Utah State basketball:

HD I Believe! Utah State Men's Basketball! 1080P - YouTube

Utah State basketball pre-game rituals - YouTube
    3000-4000 students when we average 4000 people total at the game?cmon man. I don't know if we even averaged that at football games this year

They are techincally still doing it, they just don’t do it the same way anymore. Now they are doing it for a $20 gift card to hungry Howies and they already have someone picked out prior to halftime

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    3000-4000 students when we average 4000 people total at the game?cmon man. I don't know if we even averaged that at football games this year
    I understand that this would be a miracle at best. But just think, what would the dome do if 3-4K students showed up. Hell even if 2k would show up. Not enough room behind the goal. We as fans can't get them to come. It would take one hell of a promotion by the university to get this done. Like I said, and I think none of up have the answer, what do the students think about basketball games. What is their reasoning for not showing up.

The average cost of domestic draft in a keg beer is between 55 and 75 cents per pint (16 oz).
    A 32 oz plastic cup costs about 15 cents.

So. for a 32 oz beer, the Cajundome's cost is somewhere between $1.25 and $1.65 per beer (and that is being very generous, it's probably cheaper because of the volume they purchase).

$1.25 cost selling for $10 is a 700% markup.
    $1.65 cost selling for $10 is a 506% markup.

Obviously, paying the employees who serve the beer is not factored into these numbers.

With that said. I still pay the $10, but I know others who refuse to pay $10. I also know people who used to purchase 2-3 beers a game, but now limit themselves to only one beer.

Quote Originally Posted by TonaldDrump View Post
    When I graduated, I enrolled the next year, 3 hours, just to get my student ID and sit with my friends in the animal farm. Cheaper than two season tickets back then.

McDonalds and/or 20 bucks worth of foodcome on, man!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information