Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread: Basketball Student section

Default Re: Student section

UL does own the dome. Straight from the Cajundome website

"The CAJUNDOME was built by the State of Louisiana, funded by the City of Lafayette, and owned by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette."

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not sure if you are referring to early or late 70s.

Early 70s was built on sustained winning.

Late 70s interest was built on recapturing the early 70s but with with winning as well.

Sustained winning is the key.
    Bingo.

3. UL Basketball Re: Student section

Quote Originally Posted by cb089 View Post
    UL does own the dome. Straight from the Cajundome website

"The CAJUNDOME was built by the State of Louisiana, funded by the City of Lafayette, and owned by the University of Louisiana . at Lafayette."
    But we don't know the contract that the university has with dome management.

If someone were willing to build a basketball only facility for UL the university would have lots of leverage about practice, and all sorts of concessions with the Cajun Dome.

The promotions for tomorrow’s game should get a lot of students as well. Free popcorn for the first 100 students and king cake eating contest to win a bike

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This we knew.

I question why a school with a degree in Hospitality Management doesn't run its own concessions. Especially in the buildings it owns.
    Uh, yeah, this.

Students love free stuff. Send emails out offering promitions such as hit half court shot win $1000, free tshirts, etc.

Some students or student should develop 2-3 yells and have a single person start it. Also when the opponent is at the free throw line have signs 2-3' each in their face. Also every student with something obstructive in their hand waving, like red and white towels. I notice just the first 3 rows stand up and wave with the rest hollering.also all of them ware the same t's, white with red accent. White stands out. I think something of this nature will get students in just to be part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Students love free stuff. Send emails out offering promitions such as hit half court shot win $1000, free tshirts, etc.
    They had a promotion they did a couple times when I was a student where if you made a layup, free throw, 3 point shot, and half court shot in I think 30 seconds you’d win a car.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    They had a promotion they did a couple times when I was a student where if you made a layup, free throw, 3 point shot, and half court shot in I think 30 seconds you’d win a car.
    Did you have all the shots you could make in 30 seconds? Also at a hockey game they were giving away a Harley if you made 15 pucks (you started with 20) in a four inch slot from the red line (center ice) in 30 seconds. Miss the first 6, which they all did and that was it. But they kept shootingThey didn't want to give that Harley away.

Yeah you kept going until the time ran out

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    That would so awesome!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9

Thread Information