Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Basketball Student section

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Utah State also has about 8K more students than we have.
    They are generally snowed in much of basketball season at Utah State. AlSo a Mormon State so less partying up there. Vstill a good idea to review what they do however.

Default Re: Student section

Here is a relevant article posted today by ESPN regarding Atlanta's new stadium and their concession pricing:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2.um-concessions

Someone please send this Maggard, Greg Davis or whoever runs the concessions at the dome

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Thought this was an interesting article. I know it is pro/amateur and football versus basketball, but the object lesson still seems appropriate to me.

ADDED: I should also have noted that the stadium, after cutting prices by half, had a 16% INCREASE in sales. Kind of goes back to the thought that if the pricing is reasonable folks are much more likely to buy more at the stadium and not eat before coming to games.

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/sta.718784?lang=en

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/sta.35576310059008
    Thanks for that info. Would love to know how they did that.

Why can't we lease space to fast food joints?

Why does beer have to cost 4x what I could pay for it across the street at the gas station?

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Here is a relevant article posted today by ESPN regarding Atlanta’s new stadium and their concession pricing:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2.um-concessions
    WOW!!!!!

I knew we were getting the shaft. I just didn't realize how bad it actually is!

After reading that article, nobody can, with a straight face, defend the prices at the Cajundome.

"self serve" soda tap. Think about that.

Free t-shirts in student section tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    are they? didnt know they would be free

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    For the 1st 100 students first 3,000 fans get glow bracelets

8. Default Re: Student section

The "Mighty Utah Student Section" (MUSS) didn't even start till 2002.

They had nothing till they tried.

9. Default Re: Student section

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    WOW!!!!!

I knew we were getting the shaft. I just didn't realize how bad it actually is!

After reading that article, nobody can, with a straight face, defend the prices at the Cajundome.

"self serve" soda tap. Think about that.
    For years UL fans complained about the long lines.

Instead of hiring more workers to sell more food and drink, they priced up to shorted the lines.

A friend of mine showed up at 5:15 and all of the shirts were gone. I’m expecting there to be a really good student section

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    I think if you do $5 for small and $8 for large I think they would be surprised that they would make more money.
    I pay $13-15 a beer here in DFW & Cleveland events but the markets here expects this price. Sucks, but I already know before I leave home it's a min $100 out of pocket plus ticket costs, when I take my son or wife to an event. Beer creeps up annually and we keep paying so they keep increasing. Same is true for parking, depending on event it's $20-50+ just to park now per event. A decent tix is $200+ albeit Maverick tix this year are easier to come by.

I also work weekdays in Cleveland and anything lower or mid levels against a decent team with multiple seats to buy is $250 & up per tix. So 2 tix, beers, parking to a Cavalier game isconservatively $400 a game. Against a good opponent, $600-800 per game.

That said, a University using economic supply/demand pricing shouldn't be stretch. You can make thousands more in revenue per game by keeping prices modest. Margins lowerbut you make more $$$. In the end, it's about maximizing actual profit in your pocket.

Moral of the storyCajuns don't have LeBron James on their squad. The second LeBron no longer plays in CLE.prices will plummet to keep fans coming. Supply/Demand does work.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    A friend of mine showed up at 5:15 and all of the shirts were gone. I’m expecting there to be a really good student section
    They handed them out at about 6:45.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Two years ago, and before that too, count me as one of the ones that would partake in 2 big beers per game. That was when all the prices were the same and a large Envie cost me $9. Now a similar sized "specialty" beer is, what, $13 now? Around a 50% increase. Not to mention the "specialty" beer selection is even crappier than it was last year. The huge price jump and crappy selection got me out of buying beer at games all together now. Same story for my buddy who comes to nearly every game with me. I used to enjoy those brews too. Bummer.
    You were right about the specialty beer selection being crap. With all of the good craft beers available today, the selection is really unacceptable. Especially when you're trying to charge $13 for it

Where are the good beers that they used to sell at the dome? I didn't even see Envie. Wtf? Glad I drank a nova and an envie in the parking lot instead

Students showed up

Attached Images Attached Images  

I think the beer selection varies with different concession stands.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information