Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Basketball Student section

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    there is a MUCH BIGGER difference sitting behind the visitors bench vs behind the the goal
    +50

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Absolutely recall that the SBC said they couldn’t be directly behind the bench.
    I didn't know that.All the more reason to leave the conference!

Default Re: Student section

Kids today are mostly interested in their smart phones and video games. I see it every day. They are walking to class texting, listening to music or whatever the hell else they do on the phones. It's like the cell phone zombie apocalypse. I really don't think they really care about going to a basketball game.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Despite the good attendance the last home game, it was really quiet at times. The best atmosphere we have is still at the Tigue. And with basketball it could get so loud, and they have two of my favorite ul cheers: 'CaaaJUUUUUNS BaaaaaaaaaLLL!!!!' and 'you let your whole team down!!!' Lol.
    I absolutely hate the "Cajuns Ball" chant.

The ball goes out of bounds. Someone finally notices. Then they have to count to three. Then they do the chantby which time we may have turned the ball over

Never have liked it. Not even the first time I heard it.

Well, the “Cajun’s ball” thing.the band started it. I’m yet to figure out what cheerleaders do besides gymnastics. You’d think the cheerleaders would have picked that up.and lead a cheer.

CE.wear a hoodie and bring candy in pouch pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Kids today are mostly interested in their smart phones and video games. I see it every day. They are walking to class texting, listening to music or whatever the hell else they do on the phones. It's like the cell phone zombie apocalypse. I really don't think they really care about going to a basketball game.
    Yep. I brought my nephew (who is a student and loves basketball) to a game and his face was buried in his phone the whole time😕

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Derfdog View Post
    The student section will never be what it could be for 4 simple reasons.
    1. It’s in a terrible spot. There is a proximity problem. No real way to impact game.
    2. When they do get going, the “security” shuts em down. Happened a few times this year that I saw. Could only imagine what they would have done when we were students.
    3. Marketing to the student body is bad at best and largely non existent.
    4. They have been priced out of the game experience. Yeah yeah, “they get in free.” But once inside, there’s nothing for them. $13 dollar beer? Good luck. $10 burger? Not on college budget. Hell, $4 bag of candy!
    I understand that you have to pay back the cost of renovations, but you have to get the student body there and involved. And not all them have to go. Start with the dorm livers. Flood the dorms with info about the game. Have buses run them to the game and back. Dedicate a ballroom or 2 to student refreshments. Only students get in. Give them a shirt and a paper of interesting info on the opposition.
    This ain’t rocket science!
    Dead nuts on. Let’s start a revolt! We need the students, no matter what it takes.

8. Default Re: Student section

Hey students come see Ole uncle MAT I’ll take care of the ones that are willing and able to make some damn noise and create some atmosphere

We used to have shirts in the student section that said "BE THE REASON." We need to bring that back. And security shutting down students is something we should flood Maggard's inbox about.

Good idea Turbine

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

The ball goes out of bounds. Someone finally notices. Then they have to count to three. Then they do the chantby which time we may have turned the ball over

The band started this in their own. The announcer started the count trying to get fans involved which i thought ruined the bands effort. The announcer quit his chant now. The band also yell's "you let the whole team down" when an opponent misses a free throw. I like the bands efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post

I also hate the idiotic kiss cam and flex cam. Really stupid and amateurish.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Amateur??.I believe every professional sports game I’ve been to in last 5 years does this.

Is your wife that ugly you don't want to kiss her and your body that bad? Asking for a friend

15. Default Re: Student section

Crowd and kids love all those things going on in the break. It’s not for me, but it sure as hell isn't a bother or distraction.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information