Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Puts The Clamps On Texas State, Earns Seventh Straight Win In 80-55

1. UL Basketball Louisiana Puts The Clamps On Texas State, Earns Seventh Straight Win In 80-55

Malik Marquetti came off a scoreless game on Thursday with a career-high 19 points and the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns put the clamps on Texas State in claiming an 80-55 win over the Bobcats in a Sun Belt Conference game on Saturday at Strahan Coliseum.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Default Re: Louisiana Puts The Clamps On Texas State, Earns Seventh Straight Win In 80-55

YYYYeeessss! At 16-3 on NCAA RPI #74! After all the games have played out and our now 17-3 record, where might Louisiana land?

Default Re: Louisiana Puts The Clamps On Texas State, Earns Seventh Straight Win In 80-55

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    YYYYeeessss! At 16-3 on NCAA RPI #74! After all the games have played out and our now 17-3 record, where might Louisiana land?
    Daddy, as mentioned in other threads RPI is no longer as important as it once was and in another year it will matter very little. BPI, Sagarin, and Pomeroy rankings now as important as RPI. BPI especially is one to watch. Generally we rank 20 to 25 slots better with BPI than RPI. Not sure where we are there now.

4. UL Basketball Re: Louisiana Puts The Clamps On Texas State, Earns Seventh Straight Win In 80-55

Cajun out of conference had successful nights. I'll list the losers. Ole Miss, Iowa, Here's a few winners. Savanna State, Richmond, SLC Opponents, LTU, Clemson, Wyoming leads late.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Cajun out of conference had successful nights. I'll list the losers. Ole Miss, Iowa, Here's a few winners. Savanna State, Richmond, SLC Opponents, LTU, Clemson, Wyoming leads late.
    Wyoming won and Ole Miss lost by 4 on the road Nicholls did not play and they lead SLC with a 6 and 1 record.

Cajuns now at 55 on Pomeroy ranking, with an RPI of 61 on Warren Nolan, and 73 on Sagarin's rating.

https://kenpom.com/

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/20.rence/Sun-Belt

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa.rin/2018/team/

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Cajuns now at 55 on Pomeroy ranking, with an RPI of 61 on Warren Nolan, and 73 on Sagarin's rating.

https://kenpom.com/

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/20.rence/Sun-Belt

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa.rin/2018/team/
    #48 in BPI (according to ESPN)

Oh no. We can't possibly rank that high. Not with our schedule. Nooooooooooo. Can't happen. Let's all call Marlin names and point a finger at him.

Sarcasm off.

If the Cajuns finish with 4 losses and win the conference tourney are they a 12 seed?

You never know what the committee will do. But I think there's a good chance, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    NCAA RPI is 61

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    NCAA RPI is 61
    That means difference between RPI and BPI is now 13. It was above 20. We need to improve in offensive efficiency to go up in BPI. Defense has been outstanding so I don't know how much we can improve there. Still too many shots near rim not finished. By the way, I would bet the guys on the team would agree with that improvement need. You have to keep striving to get better to reach your potential which almost never occurs.

13. Default Re: Louisiana Puts The Clamps On Texas State, Earns Seventh Straight Win In 80-55

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    That means difference between RPI and BPI is now 13. It was above 20. We need to improve in offensive efficiency to go up in BPI. Defense has been outstanding so I don't know how much we can improve there. Still too many shots near rim not finished. By the way, I would bet the guys on the team would agree with that improvement need. You have to keep striving to get better to reach your potential which almost never occurs.
    Did Tulane and LSU beat Houston?bswhy is Houston ranked high?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    FWIW, ESPN is projecting a final BPI ranking of 8. Using Warren Nolan, our final RPI is projected at 49, so we are seemingly still on track for your + 20 or more positive differential.

UL Basketball Re: Louisiana Puts The Clamps On Texas State, Earns Seventh Straight Win In 80-55

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Did Tulane and LSU beat Houston?bswhy is Houston ranked high?
    They have some really good wins, most recently Wichita State, and they are 15-4.

Also, neither LSU nor Tulane is a bad loss.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information