Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, Texas State 55

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    The announcers mentioned that in the 7 conference games they had, the combined point differential was 24. We beat them by 25
    That’s a hell of a stat

Another note, we haven't had a conference game decided by less than double digits, does anyone else want to see a tight game to see how these guys react? Don't get me wrong, I love blowing these teams out, but I feel like tat may not be the case in the postseason.
    Arkansas St. was a close game throughout. We pulled away late

Default Re: MBB GameON: Louisiana at Texas State

Winning every conference game by double digits. That’s very impressive. More impressive-it’s a different guy stepping up every game. I’d like to play those games against ole miss and Wyoming again.

Cajuns RPI per Warren Nolan now at 69.

damn this is fun

I knew we’d have a great year but I’m absolutely shocked by how well we’ve done so far.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, Texas State 55

3,222 announced attendance today. They were averaging 1800. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    I knew we’d have a great year but I’m absolutely shocked by how well we’ve done so far.
    You saw the seeds last year with how unselfish the team was. Then we had this influx of talent to fill in the gaps. We are watching team basketball as it should be played and it’s a wonderful sight.

Duplicate post. nm

Another note, we haven't had a conference game decided by less than double digits, does anyone else want to see a tight game to see how these guys react? Don't get me wrong, I love blowing these teams out, but I feel like tat may not be the case in the postseason.
    I hear ya. I was actually happy to see us get tested a bit at UTA. But damn, we are destroying everyone in our way and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Count me in for Thursday

Another impressive win for Cajuns! Justin Miller has been excellent and stepped it up 2 games in a row and is even making 3's.

Final stats

Attached Images Attached Images  

Justin Miller’s statline is ridiculous based on 16 minutes of playtime. Whenever Marquetti scores in double digits this team is almost unbeatable. My only gripe is that Stroman needs to play smart and stop fouling so much. UL’s biggest weakness is a lack of a backup PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunchuck View Post
    Another impressive win for Cajuns! Justin Miller has been excellent and stepped it up 2 games in a row and is even making 3's.
    Justin made lots of threes last year and regularly makes them in practice. I know he had a poor % this year prior to today but I believe that was because he was not always taking a good shot from out there. Today he squared up well with his feet set before letting it go. He probably also had confidence from a good performance on Thursday. Personally, I actually think we could have played better today. We gave up too many offensive rebounds in first half and missed too many inside shots in the first half as well. Note that was not due to lack of effort. Sometimes things like that happen. What was impressive was they did not let those things bother their defensive effort the entire day. Of course they ran an offensive clinic in the second half. Lots of threes went in but just about all were wide open. Think about it, we could have had 100 with a few normal shots going in. Getting 80 on a Danny Kaspar team is a very unusual accomplishment due to the way his team controls pace. It seemed like his team was unsure if they should try to speed up due to being behind or play their normal speed. Very satisfying trip. Safe travels to both teams coming home on the bus tonight.

13 of 25 tre's makes me giggle and giddy inside. Chicks love the long ball

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information