Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Too soon to tell if the Cajuns are Marlin's best team to date

1. UL Basketball Too soon to tell if the Cajuns are Marlin's best team to date

The attaboys. The shoulder slaps. The words of adulation.

Off to their best start in 45 years, UL basketball coach Bob Marlin wants his Ragin' Cajuns -15-3, with five straight wins- to avoid them, tune them all out.

Default Re: Too soon to tell if the Cajuns are Marlin's best team ever

“They’re important to me, and I like ’em a lot, and I think they’re playing really good basketball right now,” Marlin said. “So, I hope that continues — and we’ll re-evaluate this question at the end of the year.”

As the saying goes, "We haven't won anything, yet."
    But, I sure like the way they are going about it!

That defense is what gives us a shot. I hope that keeps us in it this weekend. Really tough stretch with the travel. I'll be stoked if they somehow come out of it with 2 wins.

Yes, tough road trip for sure made more so by the travel issues affected by the weather. This stretch will tell us a lot more about the team.

I refuse to downplay expectations. This is a special team and I expect them to take care of business on this road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I refuse to downplay expectations. This is a special team and I expect them to take care of business on this road trip.
    The Mavs are 1pt favorites tonight. I don’t think people are downplaying expectations by thinking it will be tough to win tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    The Mavs are 1pt favorites tonight. I don’t think people are downplaying expectations by thinking it will be tough to win tonight.

8. Default Re: Too soon to tell if the Cajuns are Marlin's best team ever

More teams lose by thinking a game will be a cakewalk, than lose by acknowledging hurdles.

Just saw the team didnt arrive until midnight last night. Kind of seems like a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    More teams lose by thinking a game will be a cakewalk, than lose by acknowledging hurdles.
    We are not on the ____ing team, Turbine.

Fair enough, lol. Just don’t be one of those people here who lose their freakin minds after we drop one game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Fair enough, lol. Just don't be one of those people here who lose their freakin minds after we drop one game.
    No, I recognize conference perfection is hard to accomplish. If they lose one of these road games, I won't suddenly think they are no good. But from what I have watched....and some of the comparative scores I have seen....we have the best team in the league and the best team UL has had in a very long time. I don't like the concept of built in excuses....not when the Cajuns are just flat better than these teams. They need to go there and take care of business.

13. Default Re: Too soon to tell if the Cajuns are Marlin's best team ever

We are not on the ____ing team, Turbine.

What are your expectations?

When they were expected to get a full nights sleep many were hoping for a 50/50 split.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    What are your expectations?

When they were expected to get a full nights sleep many were hoping for a 50/50 split.

We are the better team. I expect us to win. Hoping for a 50/50 split when you think you have the better team is dumb. We have the best team in the league. I expect us to win every league game. Will I be shocked if we don't, of course not. But I will not lower expectations because of past failures.

Now it’s past their bed time? Haha...wtf? Oh no these poor college kids stayed up past midnight...how will they ever play basketball the next night.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information