Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 81, Coastal 64

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    We were smothering on defense tonight.
    Except we kept trapping the ball off the screens and gave up wide open three's.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Except we kept trapping the ball off the screens and gave up wide open three's.
    This league is not good enough to make us pay for that.

Default Re: MBB GameON: Louisiana vs. Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    I agree about the post game promotions. They could cut the music or at least turn it down. The dribbling provides plenty enough noise. They need to re-think this.
    Yeah, tone the music down a bit, but nothing else if that's what's keeping the fans there late. And remember, those kids on the court are our future fans and donors.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I think the crowd will come regardless. ULM just got a nice win tonight and the Cajuns are playing well. Should be fun.

Did anyone hear the official attendance tonight?
    Wanna double check that ULM score?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This league is not good enough to make us pay for that.
    They had about 6 wide open three's tonight. We went i to the game saying we wanted to run them off the three point line since they are a very good shooting three point team. When we quit trappi g it over the last 3-4 minutes we built the lead back. You are right that we weren't losing this game.

Killed them on the boards and at the line.

Their #40 could playgood lord he is skinny though. Todd Hill skinny.

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    Stove had a real nice game off the bench. Washington was his usual self - an absolute boss on the boards, and Frank had a great game too.

Solid win. Crowd was decent but quiet. I find the crowd only really gets going when the other team gets close or takes the lead and we come back. Obviously none of that recently.

14-3.MONEY
    Crowd is expecting us to do well and we generally have done so at home this year. That is why it has not been crazy yet this season. Only time we were really challenged at home was first half against SLU (which beat SFA which beat LSU by the way). Crowd did help us at that point. There will come a time when the crowd will need to push the team through in the second half of a conference game. Let's be prepared to do just that. Next Saturday night the students will be back in town, ULM is the opponent, football recruits will be there, and there is a reunion for all former players. Hopefully there is a good marketing effort this week to get more folks there. I still sense people are skeptical this can continue because of the slump which occurred at this time last year. When a loss occurs, key will be how they bounce back from it. Let's not quit on them when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Maybe slightly less than Thursday because of the NFL playoffs on tonight. I do think promotion is needed despite the fact the team is playing well. Many people just aren't interested in basketball in the Deep South these days.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    They had about 6 wide open three's tonight. We went i to the game saying we wanted to run them off the three point line since they are a very good shooting three point team. When we quit trappi g it over the last 3-4 minutes we built the lead back. You are right that we weren't losing this game.

Their offense is designed to generate an open look at the three. They hit five early from simple pick and pops in which we did not rotate properly. When Stove came in, that was taken away. Bryce Washington once again was a true leader tonight. He had three points at half and I think he was the best player on the court at that time due to all the hustle plays he makes. Also made a lot of smart plays.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Killed them on the boards and at the line.

Their #40 could playgood lord he is skinny though. Todd Hill skinny.
    First time I saw Todd Hill I thought his legs were threads hanging from his shorts.

My only slight concern in watching the game tonight.LA played with double digit lead for last 30 min of game. Nearly all minutes with only a 7 man rotation (Stalcup a couple cameo minutes)IMO to make a modest NCAA run, need a little more trust in the next 2 guys, foul troubles will be random. Only Stove scored off the bench. Russell controlled ball wellhe needs to be able to slash/penetrate to expand to be more than just a long range jump shooter. No PJ Hardy sighting tonight at all? Last thought.with Bryce Washington graduating, we need a strong PF addition to team next year to keep this party going.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Their offense is designed to generate an open look at the three. They hit five early from simple pick and pops in which we did not rotate properly. When Stove came in, that was taken away. Bryce Washington once again was a true leader tonight. He had three points at half and I think he was the best player on the court at that time due to all the hustle plays he makes. Also made a lot of smart plays.
    I disagree with the “deep south basketball” narrative. I think fans want to be a part of something special, the sport is irrelevant. Bringing in name teams and BEATING them will pack the Cajundome. Game atmosphere is too good.

13. Default Re: MBB GameON: Louisiana vs. Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    First time I saw Todd Hill I thought his legs were threads hanging from his shorts.
    Jerry Flake and Grayling Warner could enter this leg competition!!! Lol

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Wanna double check that ULM score?
    Damn Willie, I’m trying to juice the crowd man

15. Default Re: MBB GameON: Louisiana vs. Coastal Carolina

The Cajuns are the bullies of this league. I think we can win almost by as much as we want.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information