Thread: Payroll ranking

UL Football Payroll ranking

Question. Now that we are paying our coach 1.47 and 2 million for assistants.3.47 million total. Where does that put us nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Question. Now that we are paying our coach 1.47 and 2 million for assistants.3.47 million total. Where does that put us nationally.
    And please post links. I can never figure out where you guys find this stuff.

Smedium. 😎

Default Re: Payroll ranking

We are top 5 in the G5 I know

Per Jay, above belt, MAC, and CUSA, above all MWC except for Boise. And above all but 3-4 AAC schools

I believe that 1.47 is the maximum if all incentives are reached.

This is best information I could find.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports.e40856253.html

8. Default Re: Payroll ranking

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    This is best information I could find.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports.e40856253.html
    Interesting. Thanks

"he is using some of the money to supplement the salaries of other employees on the football staff."

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

This is last year's pay rankings. It's not a perfect list as it doesn't have any pay info for a few teams including Miami, BYU, USC, and Baylor. But it also lists assistant coaches pay so it's the best I could find. It also doesn't total up the head coach's pay with the Assistant's pay so I copy & Pasted to excel, added a column that added up the two and sorted by that total head & assistant pay amount and it puts us at around #57 nationally (or at least #61 when you factor in those schools that didn't have pay info).

ETA: Also it may even be a little lower than #61 because that assumes that Napier hits all of his bonuses. But it's safe to say we're in the 60s nationally

Out of the G5, looks like we'd be around 9th in total pay (not including Napier's potential bonuses).

Jay said the assistants pool was in the top 5. That didn't include Napier's salary.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Jay said the assistants pool was in the top 5. That didn't include Napier's salary.
    Top 5 of the G5? Yeah that sounds about right. Looks like only Cincinati, UCF, Houston and Bosie State are ahead of us.

Yes. G5. Sorry.

Thread Information