Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Led to Hudspeth's demise at UL? What is his legacy?

1. UL Football What Led to Hudspeth's demise at UL? What is his legacy?

Analysis: Fired coach Mark Hudspeth speaks at length about what went well and what did not during his seven seasons at UL.

Default Re: What Led to Hudspeth's demise at UL? What is his legacy?

This was a good read. Did a good job of capturing the good and bad of the Coach Hud tenure here. At the end of the day he does leave the program in better shape than he took it.

HUD did GREAT things for this program! He has moved and set the bar forward. he is one of the greatest coaches here of all time, but it was time for a change after 3 seasons struggling to recreate the magic of the previous 4 years Good luck to him he is forever a Ragin Cajun!

4. Default Re: What Led to Hudspeth's demise at UL? What is his legacy?

I can't think of a better Buckley written news story.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I can't think of a better Buckley written news story.
    Not much competition there.

It was a very thorough and objective story without becoming cumbersome.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    HUD did GREAT things for this program! He has moved and set the bar forward. he is one of the greatest coaches here of all time, but it was time for a change after 3 seasons struggling to recreate the magic of the previous 4 years Good luck to him he is forever a Ragin Cajun!
    All LaTech fans will dearly miss the illustrious Smedium.especially his 2012 “Karma” comments, which led to the ‘14 & ‘15 beatdowns. He was actually a great Tech recruiter & didn’t know it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    All LaTech fans will dearly miss the illustrious Smedium.especially his 2012 “Karma” comments, which led to the ‘14 & ‘15 beatdowns. He was actually a great Tech recruiter & didn’t know it.
    No one cares what you think. Don't you have a cousin you need to sleep with or a dog to kill?

And you're a p e c k e r and do know it.

10. Default Re: What Led to Hudspeth's demise at UL? What is his legacy?

He was actually a great Tech recruiter & didn’t know it.
    Inviting tech commits was a gracious act of kindness.

It could only payoff big, he could only gain what he did not have, he could not lose what he did not have.

He lost nothing in that exchange.

He had other huge recruiting problems though.

I can only hope both administrators have the sand to keep this series going.

Me too.a home&home should be scheduled every 3 to 4 years to keep it interesting. Let’s face itthis is a rivalry. I don’t care about Tulane. Should be fun game Tuesday night. It’ll be a good test for us.

No doubt his performances against latex contributed to his demise and negatively affected his recruiting. Among other things of course

Hud's fence around Mississippi fell down once we couldn't get fake ACT scores any longer. Coaching was never his strong suit. C'est tout.

Me too.a home&home should be scheduled every 3 to 4 years to keep it interesting. Let’s face itthis is a rivalry. I don’t care about Tulane. Should be fun game Tuesday night. It’ll be a good test for us.
    The necksters will eventually be begging the Cajuns for yearly home & home in all sports just in the hopes of keeping up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information