Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: UL football coaching hire: 'Move swiftly' but no rush

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I've always liked Les. I've always loved his alpha male, "enough chest", grass eating, mad hat wearing style.

My concern would be that he was just a larger than life, more likeable version of our previous coach.

It would be an absolute blast for a couple of years with Les, then back to square 1.
    Les has a great sense of humor and doesn’t take himself to seriously. He can also recruit and develop talent. Those are not traits he shares with our former coach.

2. Default Re: UL football coaching hire: 'Move swiftly' but no rush

I'm a little surprised he hasn't taken a job yet.

If he hasn't been offered yet by the P5 schools, somebody is not doing their homework.
    Or.. He's intrigued by our job... hmmmmm

Default Re: UL football coaching hire: 'Move swiftly' but no rush

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Exact description of my boy Sumlin... hmmmmm
    Lest we forget....

Coach of the Year CUSA 2009, 2010

Coach of the Year SEC 2012

6 All-Americans, 1 Heisman winner

Rumors are that Sumlin is in the mix at Oregon (Willie Taggert to FSU). Also, Chad Morris to Arkansas and Sumlin to SMU, which would make a lot of sense for Sumlin.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Move swiftly... but in no rush? What does that look like in real life? That's something a woman tells you to do. But normally, the only way that's going to happen is if you think of something other than what you're doing. That wouldn't make us make the right hire... but I guess it would prevent premature contractualation.

6. Default Re: UL football coaching hire: 'Move swiftly' but no rush

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Rumors are that Sumlin is in the mix at Oregon (Willie Taggert to FSU). Also, Chad Morris to Arkansas and Sumlin to SMU, which would make a lot of sense for Sumlin.
    Sumlin has been rumored everywhere.. That's just his agent doing his job at a high level.

Btw, Jay giving my boy Sumlin some run on the radio today!

Sumlin has been rumored everywhere.. That's just his agent doing his job at a high level.

Btw, Jay giving my boy Sumlin some run on the radio today!
    Dang! That would be sweet if he ended up here. And you would deserve the props for calling it right out the gate.

Would be the best plate of crow I ever ate for sure. Come on down Coach Sumlin...I'm hungry AF

8. Default Re: UL football coaching hire: 'Move swiftly' but no rush

Look, it would be a shocking hire. I'm not predicting it to happen. But we have a shot, and I'll keep saying it.

Btw, Oregon has contacted Lane Kiffin about its vacancy..

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    He knows who he wants guys....
    BB do we have a realistic shot at getting who Maggard wants?

I'm a little surprised he hasn't taken a job yet.

If he hasn't been offered yet by the P5 schools, somebody is not doing their homework.
    He wanted the FSU job. They were targeting a minority coach and who wouldn't want that job?

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    BB do we have a realistic shot at getting who Maggard wants?
    Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Dang! That would be sweet if he ended up here. And you would deserve the props for calling it right out the gate.

Would be the best plate of crow I ever ate for sure. Come on down Coach Sumlin...I'm hungry AF
    Sumlin ain't happening...I don't care how much money he's made...and how he doesn't need the money... when you get used to a certain lifestyle...and you have the opportunity to maintain said lifestyle...you're not going to take an offer that's nickels on the dollar...

13. Default Re: UL football coaching hire: 'Move swiftly' but no rush

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Sumlin ain't happening...I don't care how much money he's made...and how he doesn't need the money... when you get used to a certain lifestyle...and you have the opportunity to maintain said lifestyle...you're not going to take an offer that's nickels on the dollar...
    I guess Lane Kiffin got so used to the NFL and National Championships that he couldn't stand the thought of $500k a year and CUSA.. Guess Bo Pellini got sick of the sell out crowds and Big 12 so he had to move to FCS Youngstown St.. Same for Petrino, Same for Malzahn, same for Butch Davis.. the list goes on and on...

We are a D1 job, with excellent facilities, tremendous upside, and close to his home. I'm not saying we are a shoe in.. But you people that think it "can't happen here" need to get those demons exorcised. It will happen here. May not be Sumlin, but our big hire is coming..

Until then, Sumlin or bust baby!

I guess Lane Kiffin got so used to the NFL and National Championships that he couldn't stand the thought of $500k a year and CUSA.. Guess Bo Pellini got sick of the sell out crowds and Big 12 so he had to move to FCS Youngstown St.. Same for Petrino, Same for Malzahn, same for Butch Davis.. the list goes on and on...

We are a D1 job, with excellent facilities, tremendous upside, and close to his home. I'm not saying we are a shoe in.. But you people that think it "can't happen here" need to get those demons exorcised. It will happen here. May not be Sumlin, but our big hire is coming..

Until then, Sumlin or bust baby!
    I am all in on Sumlin

I don't look at it as "We can't get him"

I'm looking at it more like "We won't get him"

If he slides to us, I'm as happy as you can imagine but just don't think it happens.

Gotta think SMu will be interested in Sumlin as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information