Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Brent Pry

1. Default Re: Brent Pry

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I trust anyone that Maggard brings in this hire will be his legacy every possible candidate will be vetted thoroughly
    Without question.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    I trust anyone that Maggard brings in this hire will be his legacy every possible candidate will be vetted thoroughly
    Well said sir agree 100%

Default Re: Brent Pry

I know I'm generalizing here, but most defensive minded coaches are too conservative when it comes to offensive play calling. The "run the ball and play good defense" philosophy will not beat the better teams we come across, in my opinion.

4. Default Re: Brent Pry

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    One of the biggest differences is one would be coming from Penn State, the other from McNeese State.
    Penn and Teller

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I know I'm generalizing here, but most defensive minded coaches are too conservative when it comes to offensive play calling. The "run the ball and play good defense" philosophy will not beat the better teams we come across, in my opinion.
    This has been more true than not.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Works for App state, pro style offense, great running back and a true QB who is smart and they play gap sound defense but probably not the norm but it can work.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I don't want it to come across as bashing Pry but too many Cajun fans are obsessed with the idea of former coaches coming back here. I want the best coach possible regardless of his ties to the school.
    I'm not trying to bash Pry, I think some people are enamored with him because they know him personally and because he used to coach here at UL. If a P5 DC wants to interview, we would be crazy not to at least entertain the thought. But I can assure you this, If I'm going to interview Brent Pry, then I would measure the interest of Brent Venables and Kevin Steele as well. Both are better DC's in my book. All of them may be out of our league period, but it doesn't hurt to make a call.

My opinion, we won’t get a fired P-5 HC. The best I think we can achieve is a Coordinator from a P-5 much like the way we landed with Hud. But someone with a proven method on handling talent and working with ALL athletes. Not the “passing game” coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It's time we start discussing him.
    He's firmly in the mix.
    I told you this a while back and you adamantly refuted it. It’s been in the works for weeks

10. Default Re: Brent Pry

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    I told you this a while back and you adamantly refuted it. It’s been in the works for weeks
    You were right and I was naive. Kudos.

I don't think we would hire Venable. He is at a school in our conference and that just does not happen. I am on the fence about Brent Pry. If Dr. Maggard thinks he is the best we can get, I would respect his judgement. I kind of wonder if this rumor is just being floated to divert attention from the search, if there is one. (Hud is currently still the head coach) Remember the rumor about the softball coach from West Florida?

12. Default Re: Brent Pry

Where's my sharpie and calendar?

New respect.

By no means am I saying it’s a done deal but talks did take place

14. Default Re: Brent Pry

Use Brent Pry as covering fire for Kevin Sumlin hiring?
    Genius! I knew I loved this guy.

15. Default Re: Brent Pry

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Where's my sharpie and calendar?

New respect.
    I admit when I'm wrong when I'm wrong.
    Just doesn't happen very often.

*que the gnashing of teeth from the MAT haters*

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information