Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Brent Pry

Default Re: Brent Pry

I'm not against Pry but there are a lot better options out there. Don't see him as what we need right now.

My mistake. He graduated from Buffalo. He coached at Memphis for three seasons after his stint here.

3. Default Re: Brent Pry

Brent Pry

Hometown: Altoona, Pa.
    Alma Mater: University of Buffalo.
    Education: Bachelor's, History.
    Family: wife, Amy; son, Colby, daughters, Madeline and Catherine

Coaching Career

2014-current - Penn State (assistant head coach/co-defensive coordinator/linebackers)
    2013 - Vanderbilt (assistant head coach/co-defensive coordinator/linebackers)
    2011-12 - Vanderbilt (co-defensive coordinator/linebackers)
    2010 - Georgia Southern (defensive coordinator and safeties)
    2007-09 - Memphis (defensive line)
    2004-06 - Louisiana-Lafayette (assistant head coach, defensive coordinators and linebackers)
    2002-03 - Louisiana-Lafayette (defensive coordinator and linebackers)
    2000-01 - Western Carolina (defensive backs and special teams)
    1998-99 - Western Carolina (defensive line)
    1995-98 - Virginia Tech (graduate assistant, defensive line)
    1993-94 - East Stroudsburg (outside linebackers and defensive backs)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Don't take it to the bank, but I've heard similar things.

5. Default Re: Brent Pry

• Pry has helped each program he's coached to success, including 11 bowl appearances, with Top 25 finishes in total defense in six of his last seven seasons (two at Penn State; three at Vanderbilt; 1 at Georgia Southern).
    • He has played an instrumental role working with Top 10 defenses at Penn State, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, Georgia Southern and Western Carolina.
    • In his first season as defensive coordinator, Pry helped the Nittany Lions to the 2016 Big Ten Championship by guiding a defense that finished 37th in FBS total defense (367.9), seventh in tackles for loss (8.1) and 19th in sacks (2.86) despite a significant number of injuries to the linebacking corps.
    • While at Georgia Southern in 2010, his defensive unit helped the Eagles to a win over No. 1 Appalachian State and an appearance in the NCAA FCS semifinals.
    • A member of the Memphis staff from 2007-09, Pry's defensive line corps helped the Tigers to back-to-back bowl appearances.
    • He also coached at Louisiana-Lafayette (2002-06), boosting the Ragin' Cajuns to their first Sun Belt Conference championship, Western Carolina (1998-2001) and Virginia Tech (1995-97), helping the Hokies to three bowl games as a graduate assistant, including a win in the 1995 Sugar Bowl.

A defence minded coach SOLD !!

It’s time we start discussing him.
    He’s firmly in the mix.
    Yeah but i dont want to get hopes up until official word that hud is fired

8. Default Re: Brent Pry

His wife is from here.

. I think.

9. Default Re: Brent Pry

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    A defence minded coach SOLD !!
    Yea but this is where I'm worried.
    Name me a single G5 team that's dominated with good defense.

Historically, you have to be dynamic offensively to be a major player in G5.
    Plus, it's just harder to get big time defensive talents to the G5 teams. Mostly because there just aren't that many of them.

Not saying it wouldn't be a good hire I just don't know if that will translate.

I just don't see how Pry would be q candidate. None of current admin was here when he was and it's not like he was connected with a history of winning while here. I just don't see Pry as the type of guy we need right now. He's q good guy but I personally don't feel he is right guy. I'd prefer viator over pry.

Yea but this is where I'm worried.
    Name me a single G5 team that's dominated with good defense.

Historically, you have to be dynamic offensively to be a major player in G5.
    Plus, it's just harder to get big time defensive talents to the G5 teams. Mostly because there just aren't that many of them.

Not saying it wouldn't be a good hire I just don't know if that will translate.
    Coaching can do wonders. The right hire as Offensive coach can do wonders. AN eye for talent can do wonders. Wisconsin is a model of a school that never gets 3,4, or even 5 star players but they do it on defence and recruiting coachable players. Hud is , like Robe says, an underwear model lover.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I'd prefer viator over pry.
    LMAO!!!!! Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    LMAO!!!!! Really?
    Without a doubt.

Pry would not be in my top 25. I think we can do a lot better.

For the record I don't want Viator but I think he is better option than Pry.

14. Default Re: Brent Pry

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Coaching can do wonders. The right hire as Offensive coach can do wonders. AN eye for talent can do wonders. Wisconsin is a model of a school that never gets 3,4, or even 5 star players but they do it on defence and recruiting coachable players. Hud is , like Robe says, an underwear model lover.
    Yes but Wisconsin has played the same brand of football for 100 years. They are an offensive lineman and Linebacker factory. Those are key positions in the game. And the university practically recruits itself at those positions. Plus, you can't compare us to them. It's apples to oranges in so many ways.

I'm just going off of history. Offense wins in G5. The best teams we've ever had here were all offensively talented and well coached.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Without a doubt.

Pry would not be in my top 25. I think we can do a lot better.

For the record I don't want Viator but I think he is better option than Pry.
    Viator has won every he s gone. By won i mean they sure better off than before. No disrespect to him at all. But if a big time coordinator is available I saw dream big.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information