Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10

Thread: Brent Pry

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I saw Brent at dinner last night.
    In town for wife’s family to visit for holidays.

Default Re: Brent Pry

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    In town for wife’s family to visit for holidays.
    My thoughts exactly he will be busy bowl prepping at Christmas time. I'm with you I'd sumlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    And that’s my point...an offensive minded coach doesn’t guarantee points. A good coach finds a way to win, week to week...however they have to. They score points However they have to. It’s more about a head coach knowing how to delegate priorities to people’s strengthd and weaknessesl, as well as his own strengths and weaknesses. We have an extreme micromanager right now so I️ get people’s hesitation. Having a defensive mindee head cixh does not mean you can’t have a dynamic offense. That’s what the interview process is for and background checks with former coworkers. That’s the due diligence the AD should do.
    You can't be a great defensive coordinator without knowing how the offense you are facing works....you can't be a great Offensive coordinator without knowing how the defense you are facing works.....and great Offensive and defensive coordinators know what the weak spot is of the offense and defense that they are running.....I am pleased with how Dr. Maggard did with the hiring of the new Softball Coach. He has an enormous amount of connections and there will be high interest in this job. For many reasons this is the single most critical hire in our football programs history. He knows this. By the way Hark.....I'm not directing this specifically at you or your post. I just tagged it to your post because you made some good points.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    You can't be a great defensive coordinator without knowing how the offense you are facing works....you can't be a great Offensive coordinator without knowing how the defense you are facing works.....and great Offensive and defensive coordinators know what the weak spot is of the offense and defense that they are running.....I am pleased with how Dr. Maggard did with the hiring of the new Softball Coach. He has an enormous amount of connections and there will be high interest in this job. For many reasons this is the single most critical hire in our football programs history. He knows this. By the way Hark.....I'm not directing this specifically at you or your post. I just tagged it to your post because you made some good points.
    Basinbear for replacement!!....how many years of coaching are on the ole resume??

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Basinbear for replacement!!....how many years of coaching are on the ole resume??
    Lol.....I'm not that crazy anymore..😆

Frank Sulkowski WJCL (@TheBigGuyWJCL) tweeted at 11:28 AM on Sun, Dec 03, 2017:
    Wouldn’t surprise me if former Georgia Southern DC Brent Pry isn’t front runner for @RaginCajunsFB job. Pry, now at Penn State, coached at ULL under Rickey Bustle.

Remember who brought this name up first. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    Just read through the entire thread...... Sounds like you were/are correct.....

9. Default Re: Brent Pry

I can't remember. Some FacelessBuffoon I respect

That is the name I have heard, from a very reliable source, that will be our next coach. Take it to the bank. When he is hired, I would like to see him keep will hall as OC. I don't know if they know each other, but with Brent being a D guy just give the O to Will.
    Too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Frank Sulkowski WJCL (@TheBigGuyWJCL) tweeted at 11:28 AM on Sun, Dec 03, 2017:
    Wouldn’t surprise me if former Georgia Southern DC Brent Pry isn’t front runner for @RaginCajunsFB job. Pry, now at Penn State, coached at ULL under Rickey Bustle.
    Mistake... AD must do better.

I vaguely remember Pry being let go from here and thinking, "Uhhh, defense wasn't your problem." But my memory may be incorrect.

13. Default Re: Brent Pry

I'm hoping a defensive minded coach pays more attention to the Offensive and Defensive lines, not just the skill positions.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    I vaguely remember Pry being let go from here and thinking, "Uhhh, defense wasn't your problem." But my memory may be incorrect.
    I think it was a couple of bad games at the end of the season that forced Bustles hand. Overall, 06 was the last time we had a real defense.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10

Thread Information