Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

1. Default Re: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Mohajir wasn't the AD when Malzahn was hired at stAte.
    I never said he was.

2. Default Re: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Malzahn has never been a head coach except in high school ranks, not even close to the same thing. StAte was his first gig.
    My point is, he was not repairing an image. Malzahn could have taken a different job, and that's where I think there is similarity. He was a NC winning OC in the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Well Gus Malzahn didn't fit any of those descriptions either, but he landed at Arkie St.

Terry Mohjir is an aggressive AD. He's not afraid to make a call. I respect that. If word comes out that we reached out to Armstrong and Sumlin and they turned us away, I'll be fine with that. If we don't, I'd be disappointed. I think Sumlin is the best hire we could make at this point.

We're nobody until we're somebody.. Like the rest of the G5s that have made it. JMO.
    He could be the guy to take us to the AAC and the stadium upgrade.

4. Default Re: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    He could be the guy to take us to the AAC and the stadium upgrade.
    There's no doubt. We have this idea that we're unique from other sunbelt schools, and I think we are. I think we're as unique of a situation as any G5 out there. It's time we go make a hire that proves that.

My point is, he was not repairing an image. Malzahn could have taken a different job, and that's where I think there is similarity. He was a NC winning OC in the SEC.
    But he was also accepting his first college head coaching job...not his 3rd and coming from the SEC with a winning record. Malzahn has been coaching in high school longer than college at that point. Louis cook, brent indest and Dez are closer parallels to malzahn than sumlin.

Well Gus Malzahn didn't fit any of those descriptions either, but he landed at Arkie St.

Terry Mohjir is an aggressive AD. He's not afraid to make a call. I respect that. If word comes out that we reached out to Armstrong and Sumlin and they turned us away, I'll be fine with that. If we don't, I'd be disappointed. I think Sumlin is the best hire we could make at this point.

We're nobody until we're somebody.. Like the rest of the G5s that have made it. JMO.
    Not to mention, should they turn us down, I would take very seriously any coach recommendations that would come these guys, that's how it works.

7. Default Re: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Not to mention, should they turn us down, I would take very seriously any coach recommendations that would come these guys, that's how it works.
    That's another thing. Just having conversations with his agent could open up some doors we didn't necessarily consider before. It's a win-win.

8. UL Football Re: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

[QUOTE=ManAboutTown;1029387]That's another thing. Just having conversations with his agent could open up some doors we didn't necessarily consider before. It's a win-win.[/QUOTE

You’re exactly right about that being a possibility. That’s exactly how LSU got Saban. They were interested in another coach and offered Saban.

9. Default Re: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

We can put an end to all of this madness, just hire my guy Kevin..

Let's take over NCAAF together Mr. Sumlin..

10. UL Football Re: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

We can put an end to all of this madness, just hire my guy Kevin..

Let's take over NCAAF together Mr. Sumlin..
    Of course we’ll never know if we approached his agent unless we get him.

11. Default Re: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Of course we’ll never know if we approached his agent unless we get him.
    The call has been placed Mr. Jerry. That I know to be true. I know nothing passed that...

Default Re: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

Ryan Bass (@Ry_Bass) tweeted at 10:18 AM on Sun, Dec 03, 2017:
    Source: #UCF is engaged in discussions with former Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin. He’s their top target to succeed Scott Frost. No agreement has been reached, but talks are ongoing.

13. Default Re: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Source: #UCF is engaged in discussions with former Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin. He’s their top target to succeed Scott Frost. No agreement has been reached, but talks are ongoing.
    That's tough news...

Default Re: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

Maggard needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat on this hire!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    That’s a good spot for Sumlin. He should do very well there.
    Being in a large city like Orlando definitely works for UCF’s advantage.

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information