Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

Default Re: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

Sumlin is the offensive type of coach I would like UL to hire. Great track record, but I don't think he would take the job here.

I also like Kendal Briles. Look at FAU's numbers under he and Kiffin. Just phenomenal. This is the type of system that can beat better and more talented teams. I don't think he was responsible for what went on at Baylor and would be under more scrutiny here. He wants to one day be big time, so you know he would jump at the chance. I think he would be an excellent coach to take us up a few notches before he takes a P5 job.

2. Default Re: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Sumlin is the offensive type of coach I would like UL to hire. Great track record, but I don't think he would take the job here.

I also like Kendal Briles. Look at FAU's numbers under he and Kiffin. Just phenomenal. This is the type of system that can beat better and more talented teams. I don't think he was responsible for what went on at Baylor and would be under more scrutiny here. He wants to one day be big time, so you know he would jump at the chance. I think he would be an excellent coach to take us up a few notches before he takes a P5 job.
    I think in many ways, they are similar coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I think in my ways, they are similar coaches.
    Yep.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post

Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    If they pull the trigger, I️ think we should go after Brent Pry, young energetic coach who has had several top 25 defenses at all levels. He was a part of changing the culture at Vanderbilt which is pretty difficult. He had been a part of bringing one of the most storied programs back to prominence. His wife is from here and has recruiting ties in the area from being get. He would also be able to hire a young dynamic OC and stay out if his way. Look what defense does in the SBC....APP state.
    Would Brent Pry ____ on us if we were on fire after he was treated as the scapegoat during Bustle’s later years?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Would Brent Pry ____ on us if we were on fire after he was treated as the scapegoat during Bustle’s later years?
    I️ thought the same at first but at the end of the day, would Brent Pry ____ on Bustle if he was on fire is the question. None of the people here now were involved in that also. Not even the current President was here.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    I️ thought the same at first but at the end of the day, would Brent Pry ____ on Bustle if he was on fire is the question.
    Does Brent Pry have a bladder control problem we're unaware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Does Brent Pry have a bladder control problem we're unaware of?
    Above average to superb bladder control

9. Default Re: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

We need to discuss Brent Pry more..

You never know...

You never know...
    I’d be thrilled. No reason why we shouldn’t be interested.

You never know...
    bump

You never know...
    https://forumeus.com/...ch-Jones/page3

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    bump
    Bump

14. Default Re: The Case for Kevin Sumlin

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    MAT, I agree we should attempt a HOME RUN!!! However, realistically he will ask for a kings ransom. I dont want to usl the next hire but I do expect Maggard to be not afraid of hearing the word no.
    .....hell, we had him beat at the half.....and JD was rockin and Rollin....until the sideline mishap!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....hell, we had him beat at the half.....and JD was rockin and Rollin....until the sideline mishap!!!
    You mean the mishap in the schmedium shirt?

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information