Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 105, Nicholls 80

1. UL Basketball MBB Final: Louisiana 105, Nicholls 80

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns men's basketball team heads down the bayou on Friday when it travels to Thibodaux to face in-state opponent Nicholls at Stopher Gym.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Default Re: MBB Preview: Louisiana at Nicholls

I'll have my first chance to see the team in person tomorrow. Anybody else going to the game?

3. Default Re: MBB Preview: Louisiana at Nicholls

What is Stopher Gym like?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    What is Stopher Gym like?
    Think Comeaux High

5. Default Re: MBB Preview: Louisiana at Nicholls

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stophe...acher_view.jpg

Check out these pictures. I have never been their but the pictures look like a nice HS gym.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stophe...acher_view.jpg

Check out these pictures. I have never been their but the pictures look like a nice HS gym.
    I graduated from Nicholls and was there when the Colonels made a trip to the NCAA tourney in the early 90's. When they are good, Stopher gets really loud and is a tough place to play. I remember an article written back then by Dick Vitale. He called Stopher gym the Bates motel of college basketball.

7. Default Re: MBB Preview: Louisiana at Nicholls

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    I graduated from Nicholls and was there when the Colonels made a trip to the NCAA tourney in the early 90's. When they are good, Stopher gets really loud and is a tough place to play. I remember an article written back then by Dick Vitale. He called Stopher gym the Bates motel of college basketball.
    Probably similar to the old UNO Chamber of Horrors. I remember going to UNO games in that place where you could not hear yourself.

Or before renovations, the old Folgleman Arena on Tulane's Campus.

lets hope we have a similar outcome as Mcleast except maintain focus till the end!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I'll have my first chance to see the team in person tomorrow. Anybody else going to the game?
    We're heading that way this afternoon. My first time on the Nicholls campus. Nice short road trip.

We'll have to play better than Tuesday night to get the W. Lots of talent on that Nicholls team. 9 seniors. Good size too.

Not to open up that whole can of worms again, but I can understand/accept that we play in-state schools, but I really don't get why we agree to go there. Except for baseball, not sure why we would do this.

Any word on Stroman?

12. Default Re: MBB Preview: Louisiana at Nicholls

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Any word on Stroman?
    according to the article in the DA today, he was shooting the ball well yesterday, better than Marlin expected and we "may" see him tonight.

That is good news. My hope is that we don't need him and he could rest tonight and vs Loyola and have him fully ready for December 12th vs La Tech.

13. Default Re: MBB Preview: Louisiana at Nicholls

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Not to open up that whole can of worms again, but I can understand/accept that we play in-state schools, but I really don't get why we agree to go there. Except for baseball, not sure why we would do this.
    Probably CajunMike can answer this better, but I think it was part of a home vs home with them.

Thanks. That is good news. Certainly not worth playing him at this point if it would risk further injury...

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    But yet we want people to place us at home that are perceived above us.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information