Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 105, Nicholls 80

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 105, Nicholls 80

I don’t know how any of y’all managed to find that gym. It was the first time in about 10 years I typed the name of something into google maps and didn’t get a result. There were no signs anywhere and it looked like every other building on campus. The Cajundome and the fan experience we have is head and shoulders above what Nichols had. It felt like a high school game. I know it’s just a Southland school but it was honestly kind of a bizzare experience.

Nichols played lights out in the first half and they were eating us alive with their press and traps. Once they started bricking shots in the second half it destroyed their defense too because they weren’t able to set up the press for about 10-15 possessions in a row. Once that happened and we were able to play our game our athleticism took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    But yet we want people to place us at home that are perceived above us.
    Exactly. Refuse to play Nicholls and other “lower” in-State schools at their home, and we’d best keep our mouths shut when LSU/Tech/Tulane don’t want to come to Lafayette.

Default Re: GameON: Louisiana at Nicholls

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Great summary. Now, do you remember the prize the guy won for the layup, free throw and 3 pointer? That may have been the wieredest prize ever.
    I watched video stream which was excellent by the way. Nicholls announcer was very good and impartial. Also, they are carried on 100.3 FM which is an all sports radio station in New Orleans. Good coverage for our program from this game. Did not attend game so I don't know what the prize was.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Exactly. Refuse to play Nicholls and other “lower” in-State schools at their home, and we’d best keep our mouths shut when LSU/Tech/Tulane don’t want to come to Lafayette.

That is not the current philosophy. We have said we will play any in state school home and home. You can agree or disagree with that stance but I don't expect that position to change any time soon. Good that we had a few supporters at Nicholls last night. Hope to have some at Tech as well. Granted that is a week night so it will be more difficult. Next year we play at UNO, McNeese, and SLU in return visits from this year. We should have good support in those games.

The video feed and camera work was the best I have seen. Only one camera. He zoomed in with the shot from side line to side line. The elevation was excellent. All the camera operator did was move from one goal to the other and zoomed in on free throws.and yes, a great come back and win also.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    That is not the current philosophy. We have said we will play any in state school home and home. You can agree or disagree with that stance but I don't expect that position to change any time soon. Good that we had a few supporters at Nicholls last night. Hope to have some at Tech as well. Granted that is a week night so it will be more difficult. Next year we play at UNO, McNeese, and SLU in return visits from this year. We should have good support in those games.
    I agree with playing the Home and Homes. I was commenting on someone who questioned why we would agree to play at Nicholls, as if we’re supposed to be above that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I agree with playing the Home and Homes. I was commenting on someone who questioned why we would agree to play at Nicholls, as if we’re supposed to be above that.
    We should play home and homes with all of the Southland schools and Tech /Tulane. In addition, I don't see why we shouldn't be able to secure a 3/1 contract with LSU. The Cajundome is more than worthy of a visit from the Tigahs.

8. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 105, Nicholls 80

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    We should play home and homes with all of the Southland schools and Tech /Tulane. In addition, I don't see why we shouldn't be able to secure a 3/1 contract with LSU. The Cajundome is more than worthy of a visit from the Tigahs.
    We should be able to schedule those priques for a home and home.
    If you're scared, say you're scared.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We should be able to schedule those priques for a home and home.
    If you're scared, say you're scared.
    Agreed, but I'm thinking realistically. Ain't no way in hell they'd do a H/H with any in-state school.

Tulane and Tech. Come on guy , get real.

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    Tulane and Tech. Come on guy , get real.
    How was I not real?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I watched video stream which was excellent by the way. Nicholls announcer was very good and impartial. Also, they are carried on 100.3 FM which is an all sports radio station in New Orleans. Good coverage for our program from this game. Did not attend game so I don't know what the prize was.
    A free night at the Hampton Inn in Thibodaux.

13. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 105, Nicholls 80

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    A free night at the Hampton Inn in Thibodaux.
    I am thinking no money exchanges for theses in-states, so it amounts to a baseball trip with very little expenseam I correct on this? So you have the travel cost taken from the at home income of tickets, concessions, and merchandise we come out pretty goodif the crowds keep growing these figures will only increase!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Great zone defense is great man within your area.anticipation helps to get to the man being passed to to get the man for man set upIf the match up is played correctly it does almost look like manthe 2-3 also helps defend the feed passes to the biggies down low.I remember Southhall's trying to cross the lane and being cut off by three guys teaming up down lowlove Syracuse's through the years!!!
    Boomer, I’ve always loved that Syracuse 2-3 as well. I’ve tried to break it down and pick it apart NUMEROUS times, but it is always evolving based on opponents strengths and/or personnel. It’s always a base 2-3 and sometimes appears to be a true 2-3, but often times it looks like a 2-2-1. When they play a strong perimeter team, it looks like a “chamfered diamond”. They force teams to their weakest strengths with these variations. Can’t figure it out 100%but always fun to watch it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread Information