Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Stick a fork in it. 2017 FB season

UL Football Stick a fork in it. 2017 FB season

Some of you really disappoint me. I read up and down this board, expressions of nothing but doom and gloom for our football program. Nothing but giving up and quitter attitudes all around.

Yes, I know we’ve under achieved a bit so far this year. I know we’re currently a game under 0.500. I know we just got dominated at home on Senior Day by a 1-9 football team.

But this season ain’t over yet!

Was it over when we led Texas A&M at halftime earlier this season? Was it over when we led Florida in the 4th Quarter in 2012?

Hell No!

So we can either quit, or we can go into Boone this Saturday and take out all our frustrations en route to a big time win. A win to bring us to a bowl game, which then a win there can give us momentum for a spectacular 2018 under Hud’s leadership.

He’ll have the off-season to fix a few minor problems that set us back a bit this season. This could all be the beginning of something great.

We just can’t have any quitters!

So who’s with me?

Default Re: This Season Ain't Dead Yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Some of you really disappoint me. I read up and down this board, expressions of nothing but doom and gloom for our football program. Nothing but giving up and quitter attitudes all around.

Yes, I know we've under achieved a bit so far this year. I know we're currently a game under 0.500. I know we just got dominated at home on Senior Day by a 1-9 football team.

But this season ain't over yet!

Was it over when we led Texas A&M at halftime earlier this season? Was it over when we led Florida in the 4th Quarter in 2012?

Hell No!

So we can either quit, or we can go into Boone this Saturday and take out all our frustrations en route to a big time win. A win to bring us to a bowl game, which then a win there can give us momentum for a spectacular 2018 under Hud's leadership.

He'll have the off-season to fix a few minor problems that set us back a bit this season. This could all be the beginning of something great.

We just can't have any quitters!

So who's with me?

A few minor problems? Have you woke up from the dream yet? We aren't negative just being real with our observations of the department.

Default Re: This Season Ain’t Dead Yet!

Yes ! I'm ready to be black out drunk every game in 2018

Yes, I know we’ve under achieved a bit so far this year. I know we’re currently a game under 0.500. I know we just got dominated at home on Senior Day by a 1-9 football team.

Hell No!

So we can either quit, or we can go into Boone this Saturday and take out all our frustrations en route to a big time win. A win to bring us to a bowl game, which then a win there can give us momentum for a spectacular 2018 under Hud’s leadership.

He’ll have the off-season to fix a few minor problems that set us back a bit this season. This could all be the beginning of something great.

So who’s with me?
    It's because we lack character.

Hell No!

So who’s with me?
    There is no guarantee 6 wins gets us to a bowl. Last I checked 4 or 5 six win teams will not be bowling this year. If us and New Mexico st wins on Saturday there will be 6 bowl eligible teams for 5 bowl tie ins for the belt.

Give Bluto a call. He might go with you.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    There is no guarantee 6 wins gets us to a bowl. Last I checked 4 or 5 six win teams will not be bowling this year. If us and New Mexico st wins on Saturday there will be 6 bowl eligible teams for 5 bowl tie ins for the belt.
    And those bowls would be crazy not to take a Cajuns football team with a fiery coach and building momentum.

And those bowls would be crazy not to take a Cajuns football team with a fiery coach and building momentum.
    That’s clearly a joke, but don’t think our past attendances of bowl games won’t get a committees attention.IF we get to 6-6

I want what your smokin!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    That’s clearly a joke, but don’t think our past attendances of bowl games won’t get a committees attention.IF we get to 6-6
    6,000 in the stands for Georgia Southern might get their attention as well.

BTW It has been over for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    6,000 in the stands for Georgia Southern might get their attention as well.
    We brought more people to the first 4 bowl games than any home game in those 4 years before the collapse too. We traveled well to all the Bowls by their standards, that’s what they look at. The issues with hud have nothing to do with demenishing what the fan base did to those 4 games. The only bowl game I️ could see taking nmsu over us is the Arizona bowl.and remember NMSU is on the way out of the SBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    We brought more people to the first 4 bowl games than any home game in those 4 years before the collapse too. We traveled well to all the Bowls by their standards, that’s what they look at. The issues with hud have nothing to do with demenishing what the fan base did to those 4 games.
    IF we go to a bowl we are not going to New Orleans, we will not travel well to any other bowl outside of the Independence bowl or the bowl in Houston and we are not going to Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    IF we go to a bowl we are not going to New Orleans, we will not travel well to any other bowl outside of the Independence bowl or the bowl in Houston and we are not going to Houston.
    I️ agree with you but they won’t find that out until the game. They would invite us off the ticket sales from those games and I️ think some people under estimate how terrible attendance is at most G5 bowl games. Pretty sure we won’t have to worry about being left out though. I️ think we could see this team lay down Saturday.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information