Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Stick a fork in it. 2017 FB season

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Some of you really disappoint me. I read up and down this board, expressions of nothing but doom and gloom for our football program. Nothing but giving up and quitter attitudes all around.

Yes, I know we’ve under achieved a bit so far this year. I know we’re currently a game under 0.500. I know we just got dominated at home on Senior Day by a 1-9 football team.

But this season ain’t over yet!

Was it over when we led Texas A&M at halftime earlier this season? Was it over when we led Florida in the 4th Quarter in 2012?

Hell No!

So we can either quit, or we can go into Boone this Saturday and take out all our frustrations en route to a big time win. A win to bring us to a bowl game, which then a win there can give us momentum for a spectacular 2018 under Hud’s leadership.

He’ll have the off-season to fix a few minor problems that set us back a bit this season. This could all be the beginning of something great.

We just can’t have any quitters!

So who’s with me?
    Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    IF we go to a bowl we are not going to New Orleans, we will not travel well to any other bowl outside of the Independence bowl or the bowl in Houston and we are not going to Houston.
    If we go to New Orleans, I don't think we'll travel well either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    If we go to New Orleans, I don't think we'll travel well either.
    Pretty sure someone (Jay?) said we won't be going to N.O. even if we pull out the win Saturday.

This goofy bowl talk will take care of itself Saturday night anyway.

Default Re: This Season Ain’t Dead Yet!

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    Pretty sure someone (Jay?) said we won't be going to N.O. even if we pull out the win Saturday.

My feelings are we get left out even if we win Saturday. More 6 win teams in conference than slots available.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    My feelings are we get left out even if we win Saturday. More 6 win teams in conference than slots available.
    Yep.

We've fallen to where not even 6 wins guarantees us a Bowl anymore.

Maybe we should make a winning season the minimum goal and not just a Bowl bid?

With our luck, we will win Saturday, Hud will be retained, we go 6-6 next year and then fall further into irrelevance.

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post

What I heard Jay say was IF we got to six, he thought we'd be placed "somewhere"--meaning NOT a bowl the Belt has a tie-in with. His reasoning was there are six-win MAC teams worse-off than us.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I also remember when watching this program was more fun than the current sad state of affairs.
    Wait a minute! You WERE being facetious with OP?!?! I read your post and booked my trip to Boone! I was ALL IN!!! "Sad state of affairs"? I read your post and was ready to charge the 6 win hill. salvage Hud's legacy. and go bowling!

9. Default Re: This Season Ain't Dead Yet!

Some of you really disappoint me. I read up and down this board, expressions of nothing but doom and gloom for our football program. Nothing but giving up and quitter attitudes all around.

Yes, I know we've under achieved a bit so far this year. I know we're currently a game under 0.500. I know we just got dominated at home on Senior Day by a 1-9 football team.

But this season ain't over yet!

Was it over when we led Texas A&M at halftime earlier this season? Was it over when we led Florida in the 4th Quarter in 2012?

Hell No!

So we can either quit, or we can go into Boone this Saturday and take out all our frustrations en route to a big time win. A win to bring us to a bowl game, which then a win there can give us momentum for a spectacular 2018 under Hud's leadership.

He'll have the off-season to fix a few minor problems that set us back a bit this season. This could all be the beginning of something great.

We just can't have any quitters!

So who's with me?

10. Default Is the season dead, part 2?

Let's Go

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Is the season dead, part 2?

One more game. Let 'em play!

GEEEAAAUUUX CAJUNS!!!

App State is playing for a share of the Sunbelt TitleSeason is dead.

Dead as a doornail.

Why were 2 thread needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Why were 2 thread needed?
    Because THAT'S how dead this season is.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information