Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Bob Marlin is building a program Machine

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Everyone overlooks the talent on the team that did win the league that year.they were no slouches
    Thought about that after I posted. They had 2 NBA talents. But still, I think his coaching is good at best. Not great.

2. UL Basketball Re: Bob Marlin is building a program Machine

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    He had Peyton and Long on the same team and could not win a conference title. I think he will keep us competitive in the belt, for what that's worth. I don't see him building a dynasty here in Lafayette.
    Together as freshman/sophomore and sophomore/junior.

I would have loved to see what could have been accomplished if Marlin had them together as upper classmen.

Physical age wise, they were both regular sophomore in growth. Then Payton was gone.

Default Re: Bob Marlin is building a program Machine

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    It has taken a while, but Marlin is starting to build a consistent winner and possibly a consistent tourney team I noticed one thing for sure this is the deepest team Marlin has had and really the most athletic team I like this team a lot and I think Marlin can turn our Bball program into a nationally respectable team! La Tech will be a significant test on where we stand! GEAUX CAJUNS AND BEAT THE FLEA BAGS!
    C'mon Man 1-7 on NCAA appearances

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    It has taken a while, but Marlin is starting to build a consistent winner and possibly a consistent tourney team I noticed one thing for sure this is the deepest team Marlin has had and really the most athletic team I like this team a lot and I think Marlin can turn our Bball program into a nationally respectable team! La Tech will be a significant test on where we stand! GEAUX CAJUNS AND BEAT THE FLEA BAGS!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Let’s watch them, support them, and see how only losing one senior last year and brining in 3-4 Star players along with a talented freshman class, just what this team matured into! I hope we are all pleasantly appeased!
    I was pretty disappointed with how fast they lost their lead against McNeese. We need to be able to finish off teams after building such big leads. If they can stop the slow starts, reduce the unneccessary three's, and keep leads, my expectations will go up.

Default Re: Bob Marlin is building a program Machine

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Having P5 transfers isn’t an indicatior of anything one way or the other. We’ve had lots of players better than P5 players, especially P5 role players who didn’t work out. It only means they were better prospects coming out of high school.

As an example Gant looks really good, but I think too thin as a P5 forward. He was being schooled by McNeese 31 last night. He’d not be a solid P5 starting forward IMO, but he’s going to be all SBC 1st,2nd, or 3rd team.

I’m damed glad we got him though.
    He carries more weight than Graylin Warner. Dude is still rail thin today.

6. Default Re: Bob Marlin is building a program Machine

I wasn’t able to listen to the Wyoming game, but we’ve had big leads in every game I’ve watched. Whatever the reason we’ve either given back a lot of the lead or not expand it dramatically. Of course I’m not considering la college, or Savanna State.

We need to be able to improve the defense when the offense is not leading things.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information