Thread: Hot-scorer Bartley back from the Caymans

1. UL Basketball Hot-scorer Bartley back from the Caymans

After going 2-1 in the Cayman Islands, UL returns home to face McNeese State on Tuesday night.

Default Re: Hot-scorer Bartley back from the Caymans

I don't know how Frank Bartley will do against McNeese tomorrow night. However he deserves to be congratulated for making the All Tournament team last week. With all the talk about the state of the football program, we neglected to mention that accomplishment.

Well that's a relief. Didn't he come back with the rest of the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don't know how Frank Bartley will do against McNeese tomorrow night. However he deserves to be congratulated for making the All Tournament team last week. With all the talk about the state of the football program, we neglected to mention that accomplishment.
    He played well. He deserves recognition and I'm really hoping he can keep the momentum going this year. He started strong last year as well and really tailed off as the season went along, especially his shooting. My only concern for him is that he falls in love with the three pointer and I'd like to see him become a little more efficient and get to the basket a little more. He is shooting under 40% from 3 and I think that would increase if he'd not force so many.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    He played well. He deserves recognition and I'm really hoping he can keep the momentum going this year. He started strong last year as well and really tailed off as the season went along, especially his shooting. My only concern for him is that he falls in love with the three pointer and I'd like to see him become a little more efficient and get to the basket a little more. He is shooting under 40% from 3 and I think that would increase if he'd not force so many.
    Agree with the point that Bartley at times took too many 3 point shots last season. He has taken it to the basket more often in games this year and that is something the coaching staff is encouraging. They also think he got a little 3 happy at times last season. What I was most happy about regarding his play in the tournament was his free throw shooting. He shot a very high % including clutch ones against Richmond. He was inconsistent in that regard last year so hopefully what happened in the tournament continues. Will be interesting tonight to see if Stove plays and if so, at what level.

Need to skull drag Ryan Street High tonight. Simple as that.

Thread Information