Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: DJ Sanders Departs, ends up coaching

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    Would you rather have a bunch of players that really don't want to be there and are giving less than their full heart?
    So would you rather teach them that every time something happens in life unexpectedly they get a fee redo? As a parent who went through recruiting I️ think you are being naive to that world. Think about what Alabama could do every time a coach left and it was free reign on transfers that don’t have to sit out. Think about young guys like Mcguire if he was free to go wherever after a coaching change, bye bye. The haves would have way more than they already do. We would become their new juco system.

Default Re: Sanders first departure from UL softball

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    He doesn't care Chief.. Just there for the entertainment and beer.. The rest of us losers are the dopes. How are your boys?
    Doing good.. Bryce has finally found out what has been plaguing him for 3 years... he has a cam lesion on the head of his femur, so we are going to try to get a medical redshirt for him, and get him an extra year of eligibility...

Beau finished his final XC season a couple of weeks ago, and made first team all conference again.. so in 4 years, he had 4 top 10 finishes, with 3 of them being Top 3. He finished 9th, 2nd, 3rd, and 3rd in his four years, and is really looking forward to the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    So would you rather teach them that every time something happens in life unexpectedly they get a fee redo?
    Nope.. but in the real world, if you are at a job, and you get a new boss, and you know the job is not going to be the same as it was, you have the option to leave and pursue other jobs.

4. Default Re: Sanders first departure from UL softball

Doing good.. Bryce has finally found out what has been plaguing him for 3 years... he has a cam lesion on the head of his femur, so we are going to try to get a medical redshirt for him, and get him an extra year of eligibility...

Beau finished his final XC season a couple of weeks ago, and made first team all conference again.. so in 4 years, he had 4 top 10 finishes, with 3 of them being Top 3. He finished 9th, 2nd, 3rd, and 3rd in his four years, and is really looking forward to the spring.
    Proud Poppa.
    That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Proud Poppa.
    That's awesome.
    Thanks MAT... I appreciate it.

Nope.. but in the real world, if you are at a job, and you get a new boss, and you know the job is not going to be the same as it was, you have the option to leave and pursue other jobs.
    You would probably wait until you met your new boss. Sometimes schools are left doing a search for months, then you are trying to find a coach while they are watching mass exodus of the program. It’s a lot more simple in concept than reality. Programs that took generations to build could be destroyed in 1 coaching change.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I think this is outrageous. Landry leaving because Lotief was fired for good reason. And maybe 2-3 more. Was these girls playing softball for the University and the fans or for Lotief's. I guess they could have played to an empty stadium as long as Lotief was call the shots.
    Which Landry left?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I think this is outrageous. Landry leaving because Lotief was fired for good reason. And maybe 2-3 more. Was these girls playing softball for the University and the fans or for Lotief's. I guess they could have played to an empty stadium as long as Lotief was call the shots.
    Don't think any Landry's left due to the firing.

I think he meant Sanders, not Landry

Im hearing Aleah is now staying

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Im hearing Aleah is now staying
    Denham may be next.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Denham may be next.
    She may leave, but as a whole I think this staff is light years ahead of what we previously had.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Denham may be next.
    Next to leave? Or next to stay?

Brittany Nolkamper is going to Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Brittany Nolkamper is going to Arkansas
    Just for perspective. Our backup catcher from last year is headed to the SEC and one of our top hitters is headed for a PAC team.

I think we are going to be fine. Best of luck to those who chose to move on and for those sticking around thanks for enduring. No matter where we as fans stand on the issue the athletes are living a very different reality. One that they have to reconcile at a very personal level. I won't stand in judgement of any of them no matter their decision.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information