Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: DJ Sanders Departs, ends up coaching

Default Re: DJ Sanders transfer rumor

The irony of this situation is that DJ was one of the student athletes that was on the committee that got to search for, interview and select the new A.D. If I remember correctly, she even spoke at the press conference introducing Dr. Maggard and praising his selection. Now she apparently has problem that he is running a professional athletic department.

Best of luck to her in the far northwest!

Who cares. She left, that’s her perogative. It’s not like we haven’t had a tradition of really good to great SS play for us. For 2 different coaching staffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Hahaha that's funny because my loyalty is to the university I love has nothing to do with a coach they come and go. It has everything to do with being a class act and respecting people. As far as a free education these young ladies earned everything they received no one gave them anything. If you had any decency in your body you would understand that this University has benefited a lot for transfers coming into play but you accepted those traders as you call them with open arms but when the shoe is on the other foot we resort to name calling. Did you say the same about the girls who left before Mike was fired. The program will survive we always have. Once again I wish them all the success in the world unless they are across the field from the Cajuns. So you my friend are not what this Cajun Nation needs. So you can hide behind RP with all you insults but inside you must realize you are a miserable person who would insult these young ladies for exercising their rights right that me and my brothers have afforded them.

The girls that come here are looking for playing time and in the most recent one she was kicked off the team because of a disagreement with another teammate not because she did not get her way like a spoiled brat

Lmao you were wanting a refund 2 weeks ago because Mike was fired now you act like the UNIV comes first I've stuck by my guns since the being unlike you who just jumps on the popular opinion like some teen drama queen .. dude you are the worst kind of fan

Ps I'm a UL fan I'm always missrrable

4. Default Re: DJ Sanders transfer rumor

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    There are 2 reason to transfer

1. Playing time
    2. Getting closer to home

She checks off neither she bailed on her teammates and the univ that has educated her for free these last 3 years ... that is a loser in my book but glad you come up for air to comment on my post Im sure ML wenier must have been. Getting water logged from you sucking on it so long
    3) She perceives the U to be putting forth a public ideology interpretation/narrative that she interprets as diametrically opposed to her real life experiences.

5. Default Re: DJ Sanders transfer rumor

What a loser going gets tough she leaves .. shows her true character
    I bet that you have never me this young lady because if you did, you would know that she has always represented this school with nothing but class and dignity. I have no idea as to what her feelings are about Lotief's firing or Glasco's hiring. But to disparage a young lady who has been nothing but the epitome of a student-athlete during her time here shows that you are have no class and fall into the same category that you chastise her as being. If D. J. feels that it is best for her to move on, then I wish her nothing but the best of luck at Oregon. And kudos to Glasco for granting her release. As far as for performing at Oregon, D. J. will be fine. She has proven that she can hit SEC/Big 12/PAC12 caliber pitching so I expect that she will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    I bet that you have never me this young lady because if you did, you would know that she has always represented this school with nothing but class and dignity. I have no idea as to what her feelings are about Lotief's firing or Glasco's hiring. But to disparage a young lady who has been nothing but the epitome of a student-athlete during her time here shows that you are have no class and fall into the same category that you chastise her as being. If D. J. feels that it is best for her to move on, then I wish her nothing but the best of luck at Oregon. And kudos to Glasco for granting her release. As far as for performing at Oregon, D. J. will be fine. She has proven that she can hit SEC/Big 12/PAC12 caliber pitching so I expect that she will be fine.
    Clearly not enough class to finish out her career here

Clearly not enough class to finish out her career here
    I think you are banging that message to hard. It's not personal, she simply wanted to move on and after what she has done here, she should be allowed to play elsewhere. She set the example of what a true student athlete should be in the classroom and on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think you are banging that message to hard. It's not personal, she simply wanted to move on and after what she has done here, she should be allowed to play elsewhere. She set the example of what a true student athlete should be in the classroom and on the field.
    I think back to Blaine guy plays for 2 coaches a injury and a QB changes and never once thinks about leaving .. that is a true ambassador to the UNIV IMO

I think back to Blaine guy plays for 2 coaches a injury and a QB changes and never once thinks about leaving .. that is a true ambassador to the UNIV IMO
    Blaine is another, but I wouldn't have blamed him if he didn't stay in the program.

10. Default Re: DJ Sanders transfer rumor

Good thing they don't grade this stuff on a curve or Blaine Gautier would make everyone look like second class citizens.

I understand that she is a BIG loss, but let me bring the following to your attention. We know that Gerry has not been a head coach at the collegiate level so let’s go with the batting average of his teams and their success versus Mike’s. Since Gerry had only been coaching for 8 yrs; we’ll use Mike’s best 8 yrs:

Mike Lotief. .
    3 WCWS Appearances
    8 Super Regional.
    Top 8 Batting Average .328.
    Top 8 HR Total 757.

Gerry Glasco
    3 WCWS Appearances
    6 Super Regional.
    Batting Average 8 yrs. .346
    HR Total 8 yrs. 740.

Not bad for SEC schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I understand that she is a BIG loss, but let me bring the following to your attention. We know that Gerry has not been a head coach at the collegiate level so let’s go with the batting average of his teams and their success versus Mike’s. Since Gerry had only been coaching for 8 yrs; we’ll use Mike’s best 8 yrs:

Mike Lotief. Gerry Glasco
    3 WCWS Appearances. 3 WCWS Appearances
    8 Super Regional. 6 Super Regional.
    Top 8 Batting Average .328. Batting Average 8 yrs. .346
    Top 8 HR Total 757. HR Total 8 yrs. 740.

Not bad for SEC schools.
    Wow!

13. Default Re: DJ Sanders transfer rumor

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post

Mike Lotief. Gerry Glasco
    3 WCWS Appearances. 3 WCWS Appearances
    8 Super Regional. 6 Super Regional.
    Top 8 Batting Average .328. Batting Average 8 yrs. .346
    Top 8 HR Total 757. HR Total 8 yrs. 740.

Not bad for SEC schools.
    Great post Grant.

For perspective - while Texas A&M was on par with batting average and HRs in 2014 to 2015 (Glasco’s first year): .310/69 - .278/67. But the his first year at Georgia was a big jump .276/26 - .318/85.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It's a tough pill to swallow. DJ was both an outstanding softball player... and an excellent person. Oregon picked up a winner. I'm sorrow she chose to leave... but we really need to take a step back from attacking any of the softball players and their character.

I can completely understand (and admire) their loyalty to the coach that recruited them and mentored them. In tough times, it's the coach that keeps them on track, gets them back on track, and keeps them in school and on the team. You cannot have it both ways. When you sever ties with the coach... you take the risk of severing ties with some athletes.

Gerry Glasco will build a strong program. I have no doubt about it. Let's just add Oregon to one of the teams that we destroy in the WCWS this coming year!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information