Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: DJ Sanders Departs, ends up coaching

Default Re: Burnt Roux: Sanders Departs

Is Stephanie still with the university

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Is Stephanie still with the university
    She is no longer listed under the RCAF listings.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    She is no longer listed under the RCAF listings.
    I do not know anything about her employment status but Stefni is still listed under the foundation website.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I do not know anything about her employment status but Stefni is still listed under the foundation website.
    I looked on the staff directory under ragincajuns.com.

https://ragincajuns.com/staff.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I looked on the staff directory under ragincajuns.com.
    I understood that. My point is that she is still on the directory for the Foundation website. Obviously one of them is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Regionals, likely, not so sure about Super hosting. Depending on the opponent in Supers, WCWS was a possibility.

This story is not over yet.
    We were only 1 win away from a Super Regional without them. With all three of them, especially important to have had the pitching and power hitting, it is highly likely we would have had more wins, a conference championship, a better ranking, possibly hosted a regional, and perhaps even a Super Regional, not to mention all American status. WCWS a distinct possibility. But, certainly, no guarantees of any of that. What do you mean "This story is not over yet"?

UL Softball Re: Burnt Roux: Sanders Departs

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    We were only 1 win away from a Super Regional without them. With all three of them, especially important to have had the pitching and power hitting, it is highly likely we would have had more wins, a conference championship, a better ranking, possibly hosted a regional, and perhaps even a Super Regional, not to mention all American status. WCWS a distinct possibility. But, certainly, no guarantees of any of that. What do you mean "This story is not over yet"?
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    With those 3 players, we likely would have hosted a regional and super regional with as good a chance at the WCWS. And she would have been an All American again. It's too bad for us and for her. She is a Duck and not longer a Cajun. Time to move on.

The purpose in her going to Oregon was not just to go to the World Series, but to connect her with Mike White who supposedly can help get her on the national team in preparation for the Olympics.

"This story" is about DJ Sanders (Burnt Roux: Sanders Departs). I highlighted the sentence in your quote to which my comment applied. My above quote from another thread is the reference about why this story is not over.

DJ was drafted #21 in the NPF draft by the Chicago Bandits. Whether she plays with them or not, her next efforts will be to prepare for the 2020 Olympic team and Mike White is supposed to help get her there. Here's where the Duck vs. Cajun identity comes into play: if she gets into a position where any publicity comes her way, how much credit will she give to the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns or Mike Lotief for getting her into that position to where she may be considered for the opportunity? We know (or at least are pretty sure) the media will give little to no reference to the Cajuns, but what will she do? I'm sure most people here are expecting her to speak very little about the Cajuns/Lotief, that would keep her in the good graces of White, who she is counting on to smooth the path for her. This is why I believe the story is not over.

6 seed FSU wins natl championship over 5 seed Washington 8-3

9. Default Re: Burnt Roux: Sanders Departs

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    The defending NATL Champions will be playing at Lamson Park next year. How neat.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The defending NATL Champions will be playing at Lamson Park next year. How neat.
    That will two consecutive years that happens (Florida)! Yet, some team only 45 minutes away think they are too good to visit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    Not surprised in the least, considering how easily FSU beat us earlier in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Not surprised in the least, considering how easily FSU beat us earlier in the year.
    Yes, it's not like we got handled by some chumps. Fear the Spear.

13. UL Softball UL's DJ Sanders Joins SEC Coaching Staff

She was named a First-Team All-American in her final season with the Cajuns.

Default Re: UL's DJ Sanders Joins SEC Coaching Staff

Didn't she sue the university?

Default Re: UL's DJ Sanders Joins SEC Coaching Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Didn't she sue the university?
    Not sure about sue, but submitted official complaints to the Office of Civil Rights because she felt like she had to ask for permission if she wanted snacks. In a fit of vengeance for the Lotiefs, she conflated a smaller athletic budget with male vs. female sport amenities.

She went from a school with a $30 million dollar budget to one with a $130 million dollar budget. Yet she played in a much better stadium in Lafayette than Eugene. Hmmm...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information