Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 61, Wyoming 70

Default Re: Gametime: Louisiana vs Wyoming

Yeah, we’re going to play Richmond tomorrow. 40-13 Cincy with 8 seconds left in the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    There is no way in hades after Iowa proved to suck Wyoming isn't winning this tournament one way or another. Couldn't afford SDS (who will go down tomorrow) or UL to win their first tournament. Bad for marketing to big boys.
    I think I read the Mountain West Conference put together the tournament. Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    No, you are right. We certainly did not shoot near well enough to overcome unfair officiating.
    That's what I said, you have to shoot better to have a chance to win a game like that and overcome officiating.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    You can have a true true too. you just had to ask.

Seriously. in the context T responded. he was not taking the officiating lightly. He was only saying that we also didn't shoot well. When you are in these kinds of tournaments. against "bigger conferences". you cannot expect even officiating. sad but true. We have to shoot well enough to negate bad officiating. I hate it. But I've seen it in our past NCAA post season games. Those MFers either deliberately or subliminally officiate in favor of the names on the uniforms. The bigger the name. the more calls in your favor.
    USL versus Louisville. I think we lead 32-16 at one point and the refs suddenly realized we were going to win that game. We would have faced UCLA in the next round of the NCAA tournament. This was when UCLA had won a gazillion games in a row.

Bo Lamar said his defender would literally grab his wrist to stop him from fast-breaking when we got a defensive rebound. No calls. None.

I recall that that group of refs was not allowed to call another game in the tournament. Did us no good however.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    USL versus Louisville. I think we lead 32-16 at one point and the refs suddenly realized we were going to win that game. We would have faced UCLA in the next round of the NCAA tournament. This was when UCLA had won a gazillion games in a row.

Bo Lamar said his defender would literally grab his wrist to stop him from fast-breaking when we got a defensive rebound. No calls. None.

I recall that that group of refs was not allowed to call another game in the tournament. Did us no good however.
    I remember that game. I believe the guy guarding Bo was supposed to be a hotshot defensive player, guy named Jim Price. I believe Bo still had 30+ points. Was that the game with the bogus backcourt call too?

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    I remember that game. I believe the guy guarding Bo was supposed to be a hotshot defensive player, guy named Jim Price. I believe Bo still had 30+ points. Was that the game with the bogus backcourt call too?
    "But Louisville, in Denny Crum’s first season as the Cardinals’ head coach, handed the Cajuns an 88-84 setback thanks to splendid defense by Jim Price. He held Lamar to 14 field goals in 42 attempts."

http://www.lasportshall.com/inductee.?back=inductee

"Held" being the operative word.

John Wooten, whose team included a guy named Bill Walton, when asked by a reporter about the tournament field, said that one team he did not care to face was the Ragin Cajuns. He didn't clarify why.

OT: UTA leading #25 Alabama at Alabama at halftime 47-41. If UTA hangs on and wins this one, it'll certainly help their RPI down the stretch. They sit at #2 right now!

8. Default Re: Gametime: Louisiana vs Wyoming

Another example. UL down 2 vs Tennessee in NCAA tournament. Bret Smith makes a clean steal from Tennessee All American. Zebra blows a whistle. All American sinks two free throws with less than a minute in the game. Tennessee wins. Multiple views show he was never in two feet of hands of Tennessee player. Zebra didn’t see what his lying eyes saw. Call it cheating, call it subliminal. Happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Another example. UL down 2 vs Tennessee in NCAA tournament. Bret Smith makes a clean steal from Tennessee All American. Zebra blows a whistle. All American sinks two free throws with less than a minute in the game. Tennessee wins. Multiple views show he was never in two feet of hands of Tennessee player. Zebra didn’t see what his lying eyes saw. Call it cheating, call it subliminal. Happens all the time.
    I saw that game at the old Damons sports bar and everyone swears it was a phantom foul. Never Forget it!

10. Default Re: Gametime: Louisiana vs Wyoming

Point Pride, it happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Coach Marlin mad

I'm at the tournament, and it was obvious early on in the game that this particular ref was out to get Marlin. Coach questioned this guy about whether he called a foul on the right player, and this dude screamed back at him, "I was looking right at 3". Felt very unprofessional on the ref's end.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I literally went into ape mode when that happened. WORST FLAGRANT OFFICIAL CHEATING EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    OT: UTA leading #25 Alabama at Alabama at halftime 47-41. If UTA hangs on and wins this one, it'll certainly help their RPI down the stretch. They sit at #2 right now!
    Alabama 77, UTA 76.

FTAs. UTA 4-7Tide 15-24. UTA must of dropped the soap because they got jobbed.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Alabama 77, UTA 76.

FTAs. UTA 4-7Tide 15-24. UTA must of dropped the soap because they got jobbed.
    Color me surprised.

While reading through this thread, that was the play playing over and over in my head. I don't believe all of these refs are intentionally helping a big conference team not lose, but they definitely seem to be biased. Maybe in some instances it's unconscience?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information