Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 61, Wyoming 70

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Gametime: Louisiana vs Wyoming

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Why do refs screw us over every game had a terrible shooting performance and was still down 5 with 30 seconds to go and only lost by 9
    You don't advance to or remain in the bigger conferences, as a referee, if you're not known to pull for the bigger conferences.

Coach Marlin mad

There is no way in hades after Iowa proved to suck Wyoming isn't winning this tournament one way or another. Couldn't afford SDS (who will go down tomorrow) or UL to win their first tournament. Bad for marketing to big boys.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I'm not a moral victory guy but . to shoot as poorly as we did from outside and to still have chances to win is a good sign. Maybe Iowa was on to something about the tight rims but I cant see both Ced and Hardy having bad nights at the same time.
    There is a lot to like about this Cajuns team. Tomorrow will be another great test against either Cincy or Richmond.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    There is no way in hades after Iowa proved to suck Wyoming isn’t winning this tournament one way or another. Couldn’t afford SDS or UL to win their first tournament. Bad for marketing to big boys.
    But then there is that thing about shooting. If you don't make shots, you probably are not going to win. They shot the ball terribly today, the officials only exacerbated the problem.

6. Default Re: Gametime: Louisiana vs Wyoming

20% from 3 and UL wins

Nm

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    But then there is that thing about shooting. If you don't make shots, you probably are not going to win. They shot the ball terribly today, the officials only exacerbated the problem.
    True true

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    True true
    I disagree. You take away the charge that removed a basket on the first possession of the half, and the 15 seconds of officials literally hijacking the basketball game in its most crucial moments, and we have a 50/50 chance to win. Of course we need to shoot better, but we didn’t shoot the lights out aginast Iowa and blew their doors off.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I disagree. You take away the charge that removed a basket on the first possession of the half, and the 15 seconds of officials literally hijacking the basketball game in its most crucial moments, and we have a 50/50 chance to win. Of course we need to shoot better, but we didn’t shoot the lights out aginast Iowa and blew their doors off.
    You can have a true true too. you just had to ask.

Seriously. in the context T responded. he was not taking the officiating lightly. He was only saying that we also didn't shoot well. When you are in these kinds of tournaments. against "bigger conferences". you cannot expect even officiating. sad but true. We have to shoot well enough to negate bad officiating. I hate it. But I've seen it in our past NCAA post season games. Those MFers either deliberately or subliminally officiate in favor of the names on the uniforms. The bigger the name. the more calls in your favor.

Seriously. in the context T responded. he was not taking the officiating lightly. He was only saying that we also didn't shoot well. When you are in these kinds of tournaments. against "bigger conferences". you cannot expect even officiating. sad but true. We have to shoot well enough to negate bad officiating. I hate it. But I've seen it in our past NCAA post season games. Those MFers either deliberately or subliminally officiate in favor of the names on the uniforms. The bigger the name. the more calls in your favor.
    Not just in these kinds of tournaments, but on the road on any given night in the Sun Belt. Bad calls are the norm, but if you don't shoot the ball well you will never has a chance to win these types of games.

12. Default

No, you are right. We certainly did not shoot near well enough to overcome unfair officiating.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Not just in these kinds of tournaments, but on the road on any given night in the Sun Belt. Bad calls are the norm, but if you don't shoot the ball well you will never has a chance to win these types of games.
    But bad calls go both ways. I do not trust officiating against the "bigger conferences". I'll blame a lot of it on subliminal issues. Kind of like how Michael Jordan would get all of the calls in the NBA. The officials couldn't help but think he was always in the right.

No, you are right. We certainly did not shoot near well enough to overcome unfair officiating.
    True true (see. I'm a man of my word)

Our team played hard but at the end of the day basketball comes down to putting the ball in the basketball. Frustrating in that many of open perimeter shots were good looks. Hopefully today was an anamoly and we get back to a normal percentage tomorrow. Maybe Stove can play and give us a spark. Granted he may be rusty after missing several games

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information