Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 80, Iowa 71

Default Re: GameTime: Louisiana vs. Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Excuse me, but I'm pretty sure Iowa isn't La College, or Savanna State.

Solid win against a very solid opponent.

If you still have a woody over those two Cajun Dome wins something is wrong, seek medical attention at once.

As usual I'm hoping BigFish never loses another game as the LOUISIANA coach. Also hoping he's going to eventually going to schedule for maximum seeding.
    We would have virtually no non conference home games if he did that. Stop hoping for that as it won't happen. RPI is not a big focus when they schedule as they have to play some state teams due to encouragement from the state education boards. The road - neutral court games are given some RPI consideration along with how much we can get paid for some games. Not saying that more emphasis on RPI should not be considered, just that it is not at this time. No one mentioned the two home games in this thread. They have nothing to do with what happened today other than building continuity without Stove. Focus is only on giving guys credit for a good effort today. Granted you can't celebrate long as I agree Wyoming is better than Iowa and we likely have to play better to be successful. 2nd half performance won't nearly cut it and the people in the program know that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'm recalling a big win vs Cincinnati & Kentucky early in Marty's career. Wasn’t it called the Bluegrass Classic it something? We used to display the trophy in the dome
    We did win a tournament in Kentucky in December in the early 90's. We did beat Cincinnatti in the first round. Of course UNO spoiled the win streak with their aggressive style of play in the first conference game and we were never the same after that. That was a year Pitino was at Kentucky and they were in a probation year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We would have virtually no non conference home games if he did that. Stop hoping for that as it won't happen. RPI is not a big focus when they schedule as they have to play some state teams due to encouragement from the state education boards. The road - neutral court games are given some RPI consideration along with how much we can get paid for some games. Not saying that more emphasis on RPI should not be considered, just that it is not at this time. No one mentioned the two home games in this thread. They have nothing to do with what happened today other than building continuity without Stove. Focus is only on giving guys credit for a good effort today. Granted you can't celebrate long as I agree Wyoming is better than Iowa and we likely have to play better to be successful. 2nd half performance won't nearly cut it and the people in the program know that.
    They should tell the state that we will happily schedule home and home with as many in state schools as LSU does.

Cincy beat Buffalo.

The SEC requires men's teams not play lower RPI teams outside of conference.The NCAA selection committee is finally going to penalize teams who play lots of nonconference games at home like Indiana and Syracuse did for years.I am really impressed with our 25-10 advantage over Iowa in assists in today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Cincy beat Buffalo.
    That was predictable as the sun rising in the east. Like the last minutes of our game, any marginal calls didn't go our way, and most certainly SD and Buffalo were screwed after we won. We were blessed to have skull drug Iowa the first half, it was a matter of playing out the game the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum77 View Post
    The SEC requires men's teams not play lower RPI teams outside of conference.The NCAA selection committee is finally going to penalize teams who play lots of nonconference games at home like Indiana and Syracuse did for years.I am really impressed with our 25-10 advantage over Iowa in assists in today's game.
    So does that mean more "neutral site" games, like they are doing in football...I can't see them playing true away games against mid majors.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Nice, thanks for posting.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post

WHAT THE ____KKKKK?!

This is what winning does people. Period. You have to win. Winning is the anecdote to all of our issues.

I’m so ____ing fired up right now

Yeah, that's pretty awesome

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    WHAT THE ____KKKKK?!

This is what winning does people. Period. You have to win. Winning is the anecdote to all of our issues.

I’m so ____ing fired up right now

How long will Stove be out?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Iowa has four starters back and is picked fifth in the Big 10 this year. I think this is the first win against a major school since Brad Boyd's shooting let us down Mississippi State a few years ago. Of course they lost to McNeese the next game that year so you have to be ready to play every night. Listened to post game show and Mike Murphy said we expected to win game which is right attitude. Also said goal is to win tournament and today is first step. We are all excited about the win but key to me was playing opponent on a neutral court. Despite it being apparent to many that we were the better team, I think we lose the game at their place. We would not have led by 20 at half on the road and when they made a run in 2nd half their crowd would have brought them all the way back. That is how important the home court is to those "name" teams. Hopefully we get more chances at the name schools in the future on neutral courts. Having said all that, once conference play starts the home court is not nearly as critical. Some of that is because teams are used to the venues they travel to and some is they get accustomed to the road in pre-conference. Also, teams are familiar with each other's strategies which leads to close games at that time. Let's see if they can follow up with another good performance tomorrow. Maybe Stove plays tomorrow and can be the spark for another win.
    Well, I think that is true for the SBC but necessarily through college basketball about the home court not becoming as important. Tell that to the ACC or Big 10. The SBC schools just draw crappy crowds so its not as intimidating as playing in front of a packed house every night.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information