Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Defense Locks Up Ragin' Cajuns Homecoming Victory

Default Re: Defense Locks Up Ragin' Cajuns Homecoming Victory

"Coach Bustle went 3 and 9 in his final year. Had the team gone 3 and 9 this year, I think a change would have been made. "

So are you saying only a 3 win season is the water mark for termination? And if $1.5 mil is too much to buyout, why would it be more affordable for a 3 win season?

I do t think he's saying that, I think if bustle went 6-6 in his final season as opposed to 3-9 he would have been retained

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think you can have it both ways if you believe he should be terminated even if he wins 6 games and returns to a bowl. That may not be reality at our level, but remember we terminated Coach Bustle for going 6-5 at best and there weren't 6 bowls games for the SBC back then.

Reality is he stays no matter what this year because Dr. Savoie wants the money paid up front to buy him out, he does not like paying anyone not to work. This is his history and he won't change period.
    If Bustle had gone 6-5 or even 5-6 in his last year he would not have been fired. They were dreadful in his tast season

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    If Bustle had gone 6-5 or even 5-6 in his last year he would not have been fired. They were dreadful in his tast season
    And that alone speaks for itself doesn't it? Who was the UL president? I get it, if Hudspeth wins out he won't be bought out. But even if he loses out, he won't be bought out.

"Coach Bustle went 3 and 9 in his final year. Had the team gone 3 and 9 this year, I think a change would have been made. "

So are you saying only a 3 win season is the water mark for termination? And if $1.5 mil is too much to buyout, why would it be more affordable for a 3 win season?
    You are probably right in that even a 3 win season would not have resulted in a change due to the buyout situation.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You are probably right in that even a 3 win season would not have resulted in a change due to the buyout situation.
    I disagree. I think the buyout money would appear a lot faster. and the fallout of a 3-9 season would rock Martin Hall hard enough for them to pull the trigger. There's a lot of lost revenue going on right now. 3-9 would double those losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I disagree. I think the buyout money would appear a lot faster. and the fallout of a 3-9 season would rock Martin Hall hard enough for them to pull the trigger. There's a lot of lost revenue going on right now. 3-9 would double those losses.
    I think he is willing to bit the bullet on lost revenue at this point, even with a 5-7 record.

I think he is willing to bit the bullet on lost revenue at this point, even with a 5-7 record.
    How much is the buyout after next season?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    How much is the buyout after next season?
    $0

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    $0
    I don’t think the buyout is 0 after next season as his contract goes to 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don’t think the buyout is 0 after next season as his contract goes to 2020.
    He did sign a 1 year extension back in 2015, but it made no change to the termination sections of his contract that was agreed to in 2014. After December 31, 2018, the liquidated damages portion of his contract is $0. He would be owed his remaining salary until June 30, 2019 (if terminated after December 31, 2018).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information