Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Defense Locks Up Ragin' Cajuns Homecoming Victory

Default Re: Defense Locks Up Ragin' Cajuns Homecoming Victory

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You can complicate things and there are lots of factors that go into decisions. But at the end of the day, everything comes down to a simple answer. Before I retired, people I worked with got irritated with me when reviewing projects as I forced them to give me the simple answer before I let the conversation move on. However, they generally appreciated that approach as it led to better decisions. In this case, I think angeleast is saying he would prefer the win than the loss despite the fact it likely increases the odds of Hud staying.
    guilty as charged. I love winning, hate losing, and hate spinning my wheels on a coach that has lost a great deal of fan support. I'm gonna say what some here refuse to say. NOTHING HUD can do will change my mind. Like Jay accuses me and others of, i'm an anti-hudder and its time we move on. Or we ll be in the perceptual cycle of 7-5/ 5-7 and a bowl game in New Orleans where our proximity to the location has more to do with us being there than earning it. Cajuns Mike, I respect your opinion and my rant is in no way geared towards you in any means.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    guilty as charged. I love winning, hate losing, and hate spinning my wheels on a coach that has lost a great deal of fan support. I'm gonna say what some here refuse to say. NOTHING HUD can do will change my mind. Like Jay accuses me and others of, i'm an anti-hudder and its time we move on. Or we ll be in the perceptual cycle of 7-5/ 5-7 and a bowl game in New Orleans where our proximity to the location has more to do with us being there than earning it. Cajuns Mike, I respect your opinion and my rant is in no way geared towards you in any means.
    Like I said, the way people feel or the opinion they have is their view. However, I am now confused. This post indicates you would rather have lost yesterday so as a change were more likely to occur. Different interpretation than your earlier post. If you are reluctant to give the simple preference here, answer in my poll as that is anonymous.

Like I said, the way people feel or the opinion they have is their view. However, I am now confused. This post indicates you would rather have lost yesterday so as a change were more likely to occur. Different interpretation than your earlier post. If you are reluctant to give the simple preference here, answer in my poll as that is anonymous.
    I think angeleast is saying that it's enjoyable to win yesterday, but not the consequences that follows it; which is Hud possibly staying.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'll be honest, I think we were fortunate last night. Some costly penalties that went against them helped us, not to mention the ejection of two players on the same play and guys who were their best defenders. Prior to that you knock their QB out of the game who had really been playing well and just led his team back from 18 down. At the point where they tied the game, i didn't see us overcoming that as they just seemed too hot. Then, when they are trying to pass the ball down the field and having some success, it starts absolutely pouring which made it really hard to throw and led to an interception that honestly sealed the game. I'll take it but a lot of factors went our way last night.
    The article is misleading as usual. There was very little defense played last night, but for several key stops at critical times in the fourth quarter. The best defensive play of the game was knocking Tyler Rogers out of the game. At that point, he was 17/24 for 184 yards and 1 TD. We couldn't stop them in the second half until he was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I think angeleast is saying that it's enjoyable to win yesterday, but not the consequences that follows it; which is Hud possibly staying.
    You can't have it both ways. You have to make a decision. Is it better to win and retain staff (head coach primarily) or lose so as a change can be made. In my view, despite people's reluctance to come clean, only a yes or no answer is acceptable. I used to tell people professionally, there is a gun to your head and only these two answers are acceptable. Anything else and the gun goes off. I irritated many with that approach but it generally worked in me finding out where people stood on an issue.

That is something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, but I have a feeling we may see him next year on Sundays.

Yesterday was the last time we will see Larry Rose.

You can't have it both ways. You have to make a decision. Is it better to win and retain staff (head coach primarily) or lose so as a change can be made. In my view, despite people's reluctance to come clean, only a yes or no answer is acceptable. I used to tell people professionally, there is a gun to your head and only these two answers are acceptable. Anything else and the gun goes off. I irritated many with that approach but it generally worked in me finding out where people stood on an issue.
    I think you can have it both ways if you believe he should be terminated even if he wins 6 games and returns to a bowl. That may not be reality at our level, but remember we terminated Coach Bustle for going 6-5 at best and there weren't 6 bowls games for the SBC back then.

Reality is he stays no matter what this year because Dr. Savoie wants the money paid up front to buy him out, he does not like paying anyone not to work. This is his history and he won't change period.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I think you can have it both ways if you believe he should be terminated even if he wins 6 games and returns to a bowl. That may not be reality at our level, but remember we terminated Coach Bustle for going 6-5 at best and there weren't 6 bowls games for the SBC back then.

Reality is he stays no matter what this year because Dr. Savoie wants the money paid up front to buy him out, he does not like paying anyone not to work. This is his history and he won't change period.
    so if he had the $$ in hand things change and we have hope for the future this year as opposed to this slow lingering death.

I’d prefer 6-6, go to a bowl to keep going to Bowls. Then lose so we are 6-7 and we fire him because of 3 consecutive losing seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I’d prefer 6-6, go to a bowl to keep going to Bowls. Then lose so we are 6-7 and we fire him because of 3 consecutive losing seasons.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    We’re gonna be back into 6 wins and be stuck with Hud.aren’t we?
    You will be "stuck" with him with 5 wins too, so I don't get pulling against the Cajuns

Agreed. Also, Bustle didn't have nearly the buyout Hud has.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    Agreed. Also, Bustle didn't have nearly the buyout Hud has.
    The buyout is not an issue after Jan. 1st if you believe $500K for the next 3 years is affordable. The problem is El Cheapo wants the funds up front, he doesn't want to spend one dollar if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    You will be "stuck" with him with 5 wins too, so I don't get pulling against the Cajuns
    The program is bigger than one guyrabble rabble rabble.

Some just hatin on Hud so bad, their priorities are upside down.

Coach Bustle went 3 and 9 in his final year. Had the team gone 3 and 9 this year, I think a change would have been made.

3 and 9 was Coach Bustle's record in his final season. Had that occurred this year, a change may have been forced. If Dr. Savoie has already made his decision, then you are right in that the poll is meaningless. It was likely meaningless regardless of circumstances other than general interest in what the viewpoint of folks is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information