Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread: 2017 FB: Louisiana 47, NMSU 34

Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

Here is an explanation of the rule. Both players deserved the call by this definition.

In college football, these things are targeting fouls, per the NCAA's rulebook:
    Making "forcible contact against an opponent with the helmet crown," or the top of the tackler's head.

Making "forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent."
    A targeting foul is an auto-ejection, and if it occurs in the second half, it includes a suspension for the first half of the following game.

A "defenseless opponent" includes, but isn't limited to, a player:
    in the act of, or having just thrown, a pass who's catching a pass or kick (or trying to) and hasn't had time to become a "ball carrier."

who's in the act of kicking, or has just kicked on the ground, or a player out of the play who gets blind-side blocked who has the ball and has had his forward progress stopped who has the ball and is sliding or given himself up

Also: A QB after he's thrown a pick or someone's fumbled the ball away For a play to be targeting, it also has to have at least one "indicator."

Launching, or "leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area"

A crouch and upward thrust to make head or neck contact, even if the hitter still has feet on the ground

Leading with the "helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area"

"Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet"
    "

Then by that definition, you should have several ejection during the game.

They announced 16048 as the official attendance.

4. Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    They announced 16048 as the official attendance.
    I was wondering

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Can we get a kicker?
    This was supposed to be an all conference kicker this year. He literally misses either a FG or extra point every game or both. I think he has 6 missed EP's this year. That is a shame.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think the NMSU coach was complaining about the first player getting ejected. I think he believed that they were ejecting the wrong player and that was what cause the 2nd review which resulted in the ejection of the other player also. The announcers seem to think they were ejecting the wrong player until they played the replay, then they saw both players leading with the helmet. Odd call, and it was lucky that Davis was not hurt.
    The officials wouldn't call back upstairs just because the coach disputed their selection of player. They were conferring before he complained. I heard the announcers. And when they replayed the video, they saw that both players led with the crown of their helmets. I don't think either player intended to do so... but that is the rule. In the past, that would not have been a call against either tackler. It appeared both tacklers were dropping their shoulder on Davis... but the odd way he was going down... they both made helmet to helmet contact. The call didn't hurt my feelings.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    This was supposed to be an all conference kicker this year. He literally misses either a FG or extra point every game or both. I think he has 6 missed EP's this year. That is a shame.
    I've always thought a place kicker was heavily effected by the way the holder holds the ball. I asked a former PK the other day if that was the case. He said, "Nope... it's all on us. We adjust as we approach the kick. It's rarely on the holder." Artigue is just struggling.

I'm really impressed with the area under the baseball stadium. Having restrooms, concessions, seating, the clothing store, TV's with games going and the radio show going on was really nice. Also getting out of the sun and the breeze helped a lot since it was hot yesterday before the game

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I've always thought a place kicker was heavily effected by the way the holder holds the ball. I asked a former PK the other day if that was the case. He said, "Nope... it's all on us. We adjust as we approach the kick. It's rarely on the holder." Artigue is just struggling.
    I think we should fire the special teams coach

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I think we should fire the special teams coach
    People who want the special teams coach fired need to pull against the team in the next two games. Two losses and you may get your wish. Otherwise you are not living in reality if you think there is a chance of that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    People who want the special teams coach fired need to pull against the team in the next two games. Two losses and you may get your wish. Otherwise you are not living in reality if you think there is a chance of that happening.
    I could see if the team goes 6-7 making a change at head coach. That is not based on any inside info. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I'm really impressed with the area under the baseball stadium. Having restrooms, concessions, seating, the clothing store, TV's with games going and the radio show going on was really nice. Also getting out of the sun and the breeze helped a lot since it was hot yesterday before the game
    Out of left field? Lol, im impressed!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread Information