Thread: 2017 FB: Louisiana 47, NMSU 34

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That targeting double ejection was big.
    That and NMSU’s QB getting hurt.

Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

So Jordan Davis is our b again?

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Good question. Who the hell knows? He played okay today. Missed some throws, but didn’t make any big mistakes like the NMSU backup did.

This is wacky. 3 different qbs have notched wins this season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That and NMSU’s QB getting hurt.
    That was the biggest defensive play of the game, knock the QB out. We had not stopped them in the second half while he was at QB.

5. Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    I don't know, if he is "b" or not, who would you say is the "a" quarterback?

Haslett used to call Brooks 1a and Jake 1b

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    They have to win again at SMU next Saturday to get to 6 wins. Like us; Tech, NMST and about 450 others to get to that 'magical' 6 wins. Just seems so blah. True for all G5 with 6 wins.....beat 5 bad teams and a FCS.
    LOL!!! 450 others, yes indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    That was the biggest defensive play of the game, knock the QB out. We had not stopped them in the second half while he was at QB.
    Yup. For the life of me, what does our staff do at half this year, even in wins? Rock, paper, sissors?

Just who have you beat...5 teams that all have losing records...add in a 40 point loss to a 2 win Tulsa...wow you sure are a great bowl team...how do you get away with not playing Troy or Ga. state in the same year....that's 2 of the top 3 teams in the league...schedule Acadiana or STM to get your power points up...

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Yup. For the life of me, what does our staff do at half this year, even in wins? Rock, paper, sissors?
    😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Lost a year of eligibility for 1 game?
    Lewis told Coach Hudspeth before the game that he would not be able to consistently avoid the rush. That is why Jordan started. Lewis played +1 1/2 games before getting hurt. That is besides the point as Lewis still plans on being here for only four seasons as he can graduate in 3 1/2 years. Still, Davis's performance today was very good and he should get accolades.

Louisiana Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs NMSU

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Lewis told Coach Hudspeth before the game that he would not be able to consistently avoid the rush. That is why Jordan started. Lewis played +1 1/2 games before getting hurt. That is besides the point as Lewis still plans on being here for only four seasons as he can graduate in 3 1/2 years. Still, Davis's performance today was very good and he should get accolades.
    Lewis was spotted in the second half loosening up to see if he could go in, but he just was not recovered enough to play. Davis played hard with grit giving his best effort and guided the team to a must win.

that was bizarre call was unsportsmanship then a review and an ejection and then more review and another ejection then one of the players headed the wrong direction to argue then one of them did something while exiting that riled up all of the fans. I had a bad view so I counldnt see the hits but I think the player shot the bird exiting, if someone had a better view or could see it on 3 then fill me in

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    that was bizarre call was unsportsmanship then a review and an ejection and then more review and another ejection then one of the players headed the wrong direction to argue then one of them did something while exiting that riled up all of the fans. I had a bad view so I counldnt see the hits but I think the player shot the bird exiting, if someone had a better view or could see it on 3 then fill me in
    Both players hit Davis helmet to helmet. By rule, both were ejected. You don’t see that very often. The officials probably weren’t all on the same page of it being both tacklers. They got it right, by rule. The camera followed both as the ejected players exited the field, and one of them was yelling back at the crowd with his arms up in the air... but I couldn’t make out if he shot the bird or not.

I may be wrong, but I think the NMSU coach was complaining about the first player getting ejected. I think he believed that they were ejecting the wrong player and that was what cause the 2nd review which resulted in the ejection of the other player also. The announcers seem to think they were ejecting the wrong player until they played the replay, then they saw both players leading with the helmet. Odd call, and it was lucky that Davis was not hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Both players hit Davis helmet to helmet. By rule, both were ejected. You don't see that very often. The officials probably weren't all on the same page of it being both tacklers. They got it right, by rule. The camera followed both as the ejected players exited the field, and one of them was yelling back at the crowd with his arms up in the air... but I couldn't make out if he shot the bird or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think the NMSU coach was complaining about the first player getting ejected. I think he believed that they were ejecting the wrong player and that was what cause the 2nd review which resulted in the ejection of the other player also. The announcers seem to think they were ejecting the wrong player until they played the replay, then they saw both players leading with the helmet. Odd call, and it was lucky that Davis was not hurt.
    The tackle for a sack looked legit. The guy who came in with the cleanup hit after Davis was down deserved a call. Targeting though? Not sure what the exact rule is, but as far as the eye test goes, it didn’t look like some of the targeting calls I’ve seen in the past.

Those calls were a huge difference in the game, though. We were not stopping NMSU at that point. If they get the ball after we’re punting from around our 10 yard line, they probably score and we’re playing catch up for the remainder of the game.

Also, it’s worth asking again....can we get a darn kicker?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information