Thread: PHOTOS- Athletic Performance Center Named

1. Training PHOTOS- Athletic Performance Center Named

Default Re: PHOTOS- Athletic Performance Center Named

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Guess that was the donation someone was referencing a little bit ago.

Found this after the original post.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=.a9L0GAP0ZIovbt

I see “Plaza” names being sold off. Could this be the death of the Cox building and building of the plaza finally?

7 big ones for naming rights. that's yuuuuuge.

My understanding is that the Mosings didn’t put up any additional money for this. The naming was given in recognition of past contributions to the university and athletic department.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    My understanding is that the Mosings didn't put up any additional money for this. The naming was given in recognition of past contributions to the university and athletic department.
    Still, this honor is more than deserved. Think about it, that family started from scratch what is one of the premier energy service companies in the world today and they are headquartered here in Lafayette. The contributions they have given to this university (both athletically and academically) from this success are immense and continue the tradition of support like the Heymann family and Robert Trahan. Congratulations to the Mosings.

Yes, anyone who disagrees with this one is full of _____. This family has been super generous to academics (including the 2.8M for Mechanical Engineering) and many contributions and support for athletics over the years. Some people on here would find a reason to diss anything UL does.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Still, this honor is more than deserved. Think about it, that family started from scratch what is one of the premier energy service companies in the world today and they are headquartered here in Lafayette. The contributions they have given to this university (both athletically and academically) from this success are immense and continue the tradition of support like the Heymann family and Robert Trahan. Congratulations to the Mosings.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Yes, anyone who disagrees with this one is full of _____. This family has been super generous to academics (including the 2.8M for Mechanical Engineering) and many contributions and support for athletics over the years. Some people on here would find a reason to diss anything UL does.
    Did anyone on here diss UL for doing this? It was well deserved. I was pointing out that people thought they just gave UL $7,000,000 for this honor when actually past donations were used to give them this honor.

9. Default Re: PHOTOS- Athletic Performance Center Named

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Count me in, I'm not a fan of using potentially recurring athletic naming right assets to reward totally separate academic support as a one time permanant deal. But as an educational institution, I get it.

In the end it is another example of how athletics supports academics. Support numbers you won't find on paper.

I was not referring to your post. Maybe I misinterpreted the statement below, but I doubt it:

"I see "Plaza" names being sold off."

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Did anyone on here diss UL for doing this? It was well deserved. I was pointing out that people thought they just gave UL $7,000,000 for this honor when actually past donations were used to give them this honor.

11. Default Re: PHOTOS- Athletic Performance Center Named

Fish, it’s all for sale.

Thread Information