Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 113, Louisiana College 58

Default Re: Game Night: Louisiana vs. Louisiana College

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Better than hey, come play here. I promise to schedule only crappy teams at home; you'll never get to play a quality ooc opponent in front of a home crowd.
    Impact on class time is one reason that a complete road non conference schedule will not be allowed here.

Here is a summary:
    Express and Vob hate everything Marlin does no matter what. Most everyone else Doesn't love the schedule but understands the nuances of the situation because they don’t hate Marlin. Let me know if I missed anything.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Here is a summary:
    Express and Vob hate everything Marlin does no matter what. Most everyone else Doesn't love the schedule but understands the nuances of the situation because they don’t hate Marlin. Let me know if I missed anything.
    nope, that sums it up pretty much exactly

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Not with my money, if Bigfish is going to schedule D2-3 teams or D1 teams with RPIs over 200. We have enough of those in conference. I would rather not have a single home game ooc than play the home schedule we have this year.
    +1000

Everybody loves to reference the MVC schools like Northern Iowa when talking about scheduling, and they're right. They schedule properly. It is no secret how they got to this point.

Their conference placed scheduling and funding requirements on their members. This led to better recruits and coaches. This led to higher RPIs conference wide. This led tobetter scheduling , like home and homes with North Carolina.

It's a cycle of excellence, but this requires Administrations that care about basketball and coaching staffs that aren't afraid of challenges and competition.

Our league is full of Administrations that couldn't care lees and coaches sliding by on D2 rent a wins and some BS post season tournaments of non-champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Impact on class time is one reason that a complete road non conference schedule will not be allowed here.
    Don't bother Mike.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information