Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: 2017: What about Butch Jones?

Default Re: What about Butch Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Our next coach has to have deep Louisiana recruiting ties. HUD has damaged relationships here with the high school coaches. We need a guy that the local high school coaches can trust to take care of their kids.

No more JUCO's from Kansas and California!
    Those ties can be developed by the right Coach, I would not restrict who we hire. As long as he is great at being a coach (with recruiting ability) the rest will take care of itself.

2. Default Re: What about Butch Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Jones won at Cincinnati. He couldn't get the job done at Tennessee, but their fans are living in the past.
    Tennessee hasn’t been all that for decades, but should be competitive in the SEC East. Not tops, but competitive. They weren’t

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Butch Jones did not see Alvin Kamara should have been featured more in the Tennessee offense. That makes me skeptical right there. This may be moot because we do not have an opening at this stage.
    This post should’ve been the end of the thread. Granted, he didn’t have Terron Armstead and Max Unger opening holes for him at UT, but every time he touched the ball Kamara made plays (which has thankfully continued early in his NFL career).

4. Default Re: What about Butch Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    He led one of the worst offenses in the country no matter what conference you are in. I'll pass.
    I like your offensive style, are you applying for the job?

Our next coach has to have deep Louisiana recruiting ties. HUD has damaged relationships here with the high school coaches. We need a guy that the local high school coaches can trust to take care of their kids.

Loui Cook

Deep LA roots are the last thing we need. We need someone who can recruit locally but more importantly they need to be able to coach and develop. Winning will change the attitude towards UL.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Deep LA roots are the last thing we need. We need someone who can recruit locally but more importantly they need to be able to coach and develop. Winning will change the attitude towards UL.
    John Grass or Mike Houston. We shouldn’t get past one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    John Grass or Mike Houston. We shouldn’t get past one of those.
    What do you think of Steve Campbell with Central Arkansas? Has won at all levels and has never had a losing record.

I'm all aboard the Houston and Grass train.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    What do you think of Steve Campbell with Central Arkansas? Has won at all levels and has never had a losing record.

I'm all aboard the Houston and Grass train.
    There are other options who are viable. But to me it’s Mike Houston then John Grass. I like Beau Baldwin honestly but I doubt he would leave the west coast.

10. Default Re: What about Butch Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    John Grass or Mike Houston. We shouldn't get past one of those.
    Houston we have a problem, the John's are dirty and Mike want's to know who is going to cut the Grass.

Oh wait that's softball, sorry.

11. Default Re: What about Butch Jones?

.Just a question about local recruiting being ruined.we finally get a player out of Acadiana HS, Catholic NI, Erath, have Kicker from laf HS, Qb from ascension, center from Eunice, te from Lafayette HS, and walk ons from the area.this is the best local freshman class in a while I would think.please explain!!!

12. Default Re: What about Butch Jones?

Our next coach is about to get fired at Texas A&M.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Our next coach is about to get fired at Texas A&M.
    That would be a YUGE step up from what we have.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Now that Jimbo news is public, I’m starting a recruiting campaign today. Kevin Sumlin the next head coach of Louisiana Football

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    A chia pet would be an upgrade

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information