Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern Set Back For Afternoon Kick

1. Ragin' Cajuns Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern Set Back For Afternoon Kick

Louisiana's Nov. 25 home finale against Georgia Southern at Cajun Field is set for a 4 p.m. kickoff as the Sun Belt Conference announced on Monday its game times and television information for football games being played on Nov. 24-25.

The rest of the story

LOUISIANA AC

Default 11/25 game time

In case anyone is interested, game time has been set for 4pm.

A few of us will be there. Not many.

Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern Set Back For Afternoon Kick

Don't want the fans to get too drunk

Well, last year they moved the stAte game to 11 for the outstanding and widely viewed coverage of the American Sports Network, so this is okay. It's freaking ESPN3 though. You can show any game, any time, any where. Can't we just leave these games alone and play them at the times chosen by the university?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Well, last year they moved the stAte game to 11 for the outstanding and widely viewed coverage of the American Sports Network, so this is okay. It's freaking ESPN3 though. You can show any game, any time, any where. Can't we just leave these games alone and play them at the times chosen by the university?
    This is what kills me. It’s one thing to move a game for TV, but now it seems like we’re moving games for ESPN 3. WTF??????? Time for this conference to take control of its schedule again.

With that said, homecoming games are usually at 4pm anyway. Should work out fine.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    This is what kills me. It’s one thing to move a game for TV, but now it seems like we’re moving games for ESPN 3. WTF??????? Time for this conference to take control of its schedule again.

With that said, homecoming games are usually at 4pm anyway. Should work out fine.
    I wish someone would answer this question. Why in the heck do they have to adjust the time of the game for streaming video?

No worries. I'll catch it if I catch it.

8. Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern Set Back For Afternoon Kick

If UL ever wants to be the Cinderella of football, Homecoming needs to finish at midnight.

Ok maybe not but I don't get this fascination with finishing homecoming early. It implies you have more important things to do.

Don't want the fans to get too drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If UL ever wants to be the Cinderella of football, Homecoming needs to finish at midnight.

Ok maybe not but I don't get this fascination with finishing homecoming early. It implies you have more important things to do.
    I actually always liked the 4 pm game times for homecoming, especially after the time changed and the weather is cooler. I wouldn't mind all games changed to that time to be honest but the early ones would be too bloody hot for those people in the East stands.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post

Homecoming is at 4 pm this Saturday. This is for the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

And let’s get away from 4 pm homecoming games. Let’s play under the lights every chance we get.

4 PM games just kills tailgating. That's what we go to UL games for anyway, unless you think of some other reason that I don't know of, "at this point in time". Hopefully next year there will be another reason besides tailgating

No mid-week games.

Kickoffs at 6 before November 1st.

Kickoffs at 4 after November 1st.

I still stick to this reasoning with only tailgaters in mind"4 PM games just kills tailgating". Unless you want to close tent at 3 PM and reopen at 7-7:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I still stick to this reasoning with only tailgaters in mind"4 PM games just kills tailgating". Unless you want to close tent at 3 PM and reopen at 7-7:30 PM.
    No it doesn't. We get out there around 9 AM on most days and by the time 4 rolls around, many can't walk very well and I'm ready to get into the game. Just move your Roosta dance up an hour or so and all is good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information