Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern Set Back For Afternoon Kick

Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern Set Back For Afternoon Kick

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I still stick to this reasoning with only tailgaters in mind"4 PM games just kills tailgating". Unless you want to close tent at 3 PM and reopen at 7-7:30 PM.
    11 am games render tailgating nonexistent and make for a long day. Especially if you lose. 4 pm is better, but some consistency with this conference would help. ESP-N has them by the stones. "You want us to put you on TV and broadcast your future conference championship? Yeah, you'll play whenever we tell you to play." Even if it destroys attendance. Actually, I'd like to see the number from the past few years since they've started announcing game times 2 weeks before the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    No mid-week games.

Kickoffs at 6 before November 1st.

Kickoffs at 4 after November 1st.
    No. What is with the love fest for 4 pm kickoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    No it doesn't. We get out there around 9 AM on most days and by the time 4 rolls around, many can't walk very well and I'm ready to get into the game. Just move your Roosta dance up an hour or so and all is good.
    Well we have to agree to disagreeGet there at 9 AM, set up and start cooking about 10:30 if lucky. Finish cooking and eating at 12:30 PM. Pickup and ready for 3:30.that's not tailgating IMO.No 4 PM games if you are a tailgater. Now if you are there just to drink from 9 Am to 3:30 PM it will work.

7pm games prior to the time change. 6pm games after the time change. No exceptions. Purchase our own 4K UHD production equipment and control our own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    No. What is with the love fest for 4 pm kickoffs?

I've froze my keister too many times in those late season home games with late kickoffs.

Also, it is great to go to a nice restaurant after Homecoming. LOTS of people do this.

We get a lot of old friends in town just for Homecoming, and we like to go to Alesi's after the game.

It's a nice tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Don't want the fans to get too drunk
    Challenge accepted

7. Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern Set Back For Afternoon Kick

I can never make a 4pm game.

7pm start time for all Satuday games.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    This is what kills me. It’s one thing to move a game for TV, but now it seems like we’re moving games for ESPN 3. WTF??????? Time for this conference to take control of its schedule again.

With that said, homecoming games are usually at 4pm anyway. Should work out fine.
    They did not move this game it was TBA to my knowledge. And they started at the best time possible except for 2:00 PM after the time change. College football is meant to be played on Saturday afternoon.

I don't mind 4 pm for homecoming it gives alumni time to wander around campus tailgate go to the game and still have a game and early enough to get home and not have a hotel stay. We will be able to get home by about midnight after coming early Fri and relaxing around town Fri afternoon

10. Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern Set Back For Afternoon Kick

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    They did not move this game it was TBA to my knowledge. And they started at the best time possible except for 2:00 PM after the time change. College football is meant to be played on Saturday afternoon.
    Growing up a fan of Nebraska (were always on TV) I used to believe the afternoon myth as well.

Louisiana Saturday Nights is the absolute best time for College Football.

After October 31

12. Default Re: Louisiana vs. Georgia Southern Set Back For Afternoon Kick

In my long life college football in Louisiana was almost always a night time event. We’re not the N East, or any other part of the country. I’m never having daytime games when we’ve got beautiful night lights.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    In my long life college football in Louisiana was almost always a night time event. We’re not the N East, or any other part of the country. I’m never having daytime games when we’ve got beautiful night lights.

Until we build a dome or global cooling really takes hold, football games in Louisiana should always be played after 6 pm.

We've usually had kickoff at 4:00 for homecoming and for all home games late season. I was totally expecting this game time announcement for it being a 4:00 kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    We've usually had kickoff at 4:00 for homecoming and for all home games late season. I was totally expecting this game time announcement for it being a 4:00 kick off.
    This time of year, a good portion of the game that starts at 4:00 IS at night. I personally prefer a 4:00 game for homecoming and 6:00 for all others.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information