Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Identity

Default Identity

The conversation is no longer about Hudspeth, Lotief or anyone else.

Everyone’s attention should be focused directly on Maggard.

How will Maggard deal with the situation we have now?

We are no longer in the Hudspeth era of Louisiana sports.

This is the Maggard era of Louisiana sports and how he responds will define our identity for the next years to come.

Default Re: Identity

Huds run out of his 9 lives, will cheap Charlie.ert-Joe pull the trigger or will he let the dumpster fire roar onto a 4 alarm blaze next year.

3. Default Re: Identity

Agree 10000%

I can’t believe this is still a discussion

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Huds run out of his 9 lives, will cheap Charlie.ert-Joe pull the trigger or will he let the dumpster fire roar onto a 4 alarm blaze next year.
    Possibly the single most profound and accurate statement you could make. Maggard may make the original call but T Joe makes the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Possibly the single most profound and accurate statement you could make. Maggard may make the original call but T Joe makes the decision.
    This! Clearly people haven't gotten the memo yet, nothing happens without TJoe's approval.

7. Default Re: Identity

Yea but TJoe is a flaming liberal He doesn't know what to do until you tell him what to do.

And that's where Maggard and the fanbase come in.

The fan base comes in by putting up several million dollars. Talk and emails are cheap. Money is what counts. I would love to have a new coach, but I also know I do not want to put 1 cent toward the buyout. I think TJoe is in a tough spot here. hud has obviously lost the fan base, but his buyout is unprecedented when it comes to UL.

Maggard obviously has some influence or Lotief wouldn’t be gone.

From what I’ve seen the buyout would be considerably less after this season is over.

He had the chance to get rid of him mid-season so I’m thinking once the season is over things will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    The fan base comes in by putting up several million dollars. Talk and emails are cheap. Money is what counts. I would love to have a new coach, but I also know I do not want to put 1 cent toward the buyout. I think TJoe is in a tough spot here. hud has obviously lost the fan base, but his buyout is unprecedented when it comes to UL.
    The university cannot afford NOT to do the buyout. There are only 2 scenarios at play for next year.

1) Hud as head coach which means more of the same product and the athletic department desperately trying to sell season tickets.

2) A new head coach and at least an easier sell by the athletic department to those who might buy season tickets.

11. Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Correspondence between the buyer and the seller is never cheap. It matters, and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    The university cannot afford NOT to do the buyout. There are only 2 scenarios at play for next year.

1) Hud as head coach which means more of the same product and the athletic department desperately trying to sell season tickets.

2) A new head coach and at least an easier sell by the athletic department to those who might buy season tickets.
    Agreed.

Obviously we want a quality coach the salary should be there for someone good.

But, just by the virtue of having a new coach, it shows that those running the program are committed to putting a quality product on the field and that will sell tickets.

Either way there will be some attrition, those taking a wait and see approach but it will also bring back some that have left over the last two years out of curiousity to see what Maggard is putting out there.

13. Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cajun View Post
    Agreed.

Obviously we want a quality coach the salary should be there for someone good.

But, just by the virtue of having a new coach, it shows that those running the program are committed to putting a quality product on the field and that will sell tickets.

Either way there will be some attrition, those taking a wait and see approach but it will also bring back some that have left over the last two years out of curiousity to see what Maggard is putting out there.
    Yep. All of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yea but TJoe is a flaming liberal He doesn't know what to do until you tell him what to do.
    Wtf does politics have to do with this?

Besides, if I'm not mistaken, it was a well known conservative who coined the term "dittoheads".

This is not about politics but definitely about a mentality that has been around far too long.

Look at the softball thread and the letters to the editor that fans are posting.

We grieve for softball just like we grieve for football.

The difference is that WE DO NOT GRIEVE AS OTHERS DO THAT HAVE NO HOPE.

TJoe gave us no hope. Maggard brings us that HOPE.

Don’t tell me that Maggard didn’t have anything to do with the reporting of Lotief. This thing has been going on for years. Instead of sweeping it under the rug, Maggard must have said, “make a formal complaint.”

.and then the dominoes fell, just like they will with the football program.

TJoe has to step aside and let Maggard work and it’s apparent that that’s what happened in softball.

HOPE- at this point it’s all we have.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information