Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Identity

Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Where the hell did I ever accuse you of being a Hud lover? I haven't, so save it. I understand you don't believe it will happen, but you're saying he's not going to do it because it doesn't make financial sense, which is ridiculous.
    I did and he was, just like me at one time. This discussion wasnt' about what TJoe will or will not do concerning Hudspeth. My post have been about whether the buyout is doable or even reasonable after January 1st. I've heard nothing to suggest it isn't at this point other than several people saying he won't or one particular jackazz telling me to do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I did and he was, just like me at one time. This discussion wasnt' about what TJoe will or will not do concerning Hudspeth. My post have been about whether the buyout is doable or even reasonable after January 1st. I've heard nothing to suggest it isn't at this point other than several people saying he won't or one particular jackazz telling me to do it myself.
    Just an observation here. but why are the donors responsible for buying out his contract. Shouldn’t that money come from the university where he is employed? He’s not my employee so why should I give any money to buy him out? If donors give money to buy him out then it possibly could mean less money for future facility improvements to football and baseball where it’s desperately needed.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Just an observation here. but why are the donors responsible for buying out his contract. Shouldn’t that money come from the university where he is employed? He’s not my employee so why should I give any money to buy him out? If donors give money to buy him out then it possibly could mean less money for future facility improvements to football and baseball where it’s desperately needed.
    Yeah, I don't think public universities paying millions of dollars for a football coach to NOT coach would go well with the public.

4. Default Re: Identity

Just an observation here. but why are the donors responsible for buying out his contract. Shouldn't that money come from the university where he is employed? He's not my employee so why should I give any money to buy him out? If donors give money to buy him out then it possibly could mean less money for future facility improvements to football and baseball where it's desperately needed.
    This comment is equivalent to "That's not my job" guy. I employee a guy like this.
    The whole operation could be going south, and when you ask him why he didn't try to do something to avoid the issue, his response is "well that's not my job".
    If you people are serious about winning, sometimes, you're going to have to clean up a mess you didn't make. That's the difference between us and successful programs. Everyone wants to win but no one wants to take the difficult steps it takes to over come hurdles in order to get there.

How about this Let's just keep the guy here until the end of his contract, erase all the money and hard work we've already put in, and then ya'll will have an eternity of ____ to _____ about

Ragin Pagin Nirvana

I can't make the arguments that we should, just that it is fairly reasonable to say it is not beyound our reach to do so after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    How do you think UL funded the Russo construction?
    Temporary bridge loan from the Foundation to finish construction. University issued bonds of about $9,500,000 to be repaid through donations over a 25 year period. Best guess is that the Russo donations will pay it down faster as though come in at $1,000,000 increments

Something to consider. The liquidated damages portion goes to $0 after the 2018 season.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Temporary bridge loan from the Foundation to finish construction. University issued bonds of about $9,500,000 to be repaid through donations over a 25 year period. Best guess is that the Russo donations will pay it down faster as though come in at $1,000,000 increments
    Their donations amongst others from what I understand. The suite money will also be available this year to assist in paying the foundation back or so I've been told.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Exactly, it’s still 1.5 to send a man Home. It’s pretty funny how easy people throw other people’s money around. Why don’t they take out a 30 year mortgage on HUD’s buyout if paying in installments is so easy and worth it.
    Guy, they got the money already.

All that is missing is the green light from T-Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Guy, they got the money already.

All that is missing is the green light from T-Joe.
    Good to hear. I guess the only question is when does it happen? Do they have to wait till Jan 1 to lessen the cost or can they do it immediately after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    My personal opinion is, he won't be our coach in 2018.

If he gets another year here, we may not recover for 5 years. I think Maggard and Alden know that; I think the timing is imperative, especially with the NCAA TV contracts coming up in 2020. I believe TJoe is being pressured to make a move, and I think it will happen. Unlike you and Metry, I have a very good hunch the money is available for the buyout.
    I agree, we essentially have 2 years to become a desirable program and become one of the potential 60-80 programs that make it out of the shuffle in 2020.

Without fan support and a winning team, we wont need a bigger stadium or a high priced athletic administration when we are relagated to the Southland/Sunbelt at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    I agree, we essentially have 2 years to become a desirable program and become one of the potential 60-80 programs that make it out of the shuffle in 2020.

Without fan support and a winning team, we wont need a bigger stadium or a high priced athletic administration when we are relagated to the Southland/Sunbelt at that time.
    This is the larger picture! Whether Dr. Savoie wants to spend the money will decide if we are in the mix.

We are paying $1 million for a coach. We fire said coach to pay $500k each year for next three years. We hire new coach. We paid said new coach $500k until he proves himself. Thus, we pay the same with new coach as we would with old coach.

Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    We are paying $1 million for a coach. We fire said coach to pay $500k each year for next three years. We hire new coach. We paid said new coach $500k until he proves himself. Thus, we pay the same with new coach as we would with old coach.
    do we let new coach go to tulane if they come in and offer 1mm or do we match it and keep him?

i kid i kid

Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    Get out of here with your math and critical thinking skills.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information