Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: Identity

Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cajun View Post
    I think the softball hire shows that Maggard is serious about the new identity of the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. It seems most people are impressed with this new coach. Time will tell if success will come as well but Maggard has shown he is not timid about getting rid of those in the way of the athletic program moving forward and finding a well qualified replacement.

I firmly believe he has already been doing behind the scenes work on finding the football coach replacement. I know there are restrictions on who they can contact but I think the softball hire bodes well for the future of the whole athletic program under Maggard. I am encouraged.

To those that think the football coach does not need replacing because we won the homecoming game, that thinking is folly. We should not be underdogs at home against a Sunbelt team for homecoming.

The glory days of Louisiana athletics lie in the future.
    I'm very surprised that they found double the money for the softball coaching staff when we've had issues getting paid or bringing in high level assistants due to money issues. Maybe this whole fiasco has actually helped the program. I'm also wondering if Tony Robichaux gets a raise out of this as I think the reported Glasco salary will be higher than Tony.

It's morning in Cajun Nation and the future is VERY BRIGHT!!!

No one can deny that we are in the Maggard era of Cajun Athletics. Napier will be the most talked about name and most recognizable figure from here on out but Maggard is driving this ship and firmly has his hand on the rudder steering us into headwinds that will blow this program open and SHOW OUR SAIL OF GREATNESS!!

I'm not sure how the football program will fare next year but I know we will be competitive and have a lot more swagger. Napier is going to out recruit our peers and it won't even be close. Whether we win the Sunbelt outright next year or the year after, I have no doubt that anything less will be unacceptable to those now in charge of this program.

Maggard will not be here long and no one knows what he has in store but all I can see is greatness for the future of this program. I have not heard him mention moving to a new conference but I know that he has a blueprint that he is following and things he wants to accomplish and so far I cannot be more pleased with what he has done so far. I would have to guess that his blueprint has dominating and winning the Sunbelt and then jumping to a better conference and him moving to a Notre Dame or LSU or USC. I'm perfectly fine with that, his success is tied to our success.

To all the losers and haters out there that don't want to talk about moving to another conference and are happy with 5 or 6 wins in the Sunbelt, well hold on to seats because from here on out we are going to be winning so much that you will be tired of it.

#InMaggardITrust
    #GeauxCajuns

It’s great to be able to be excited about Ragin Cajun football again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cajun View Post
    It's morning in Cajun Nation and the future is VERY BRIGHT!!!

No one can deny that we are in the Maggard era of Cajun Athletics. Napier will be the most talked about name and most recognizable figure from here on out but Maggard is driving this ship and firmly has his hand on the rudder steering us into headwinds that will blow this program open and SHOW OUR SAIL OF GREATNESS!!

I'm not sure how the football program will fare next year but I know we will be competitive and have a lot more swagger. Napier is going to out recruit our peers and it won't even be close. Whether we win the Sunbelt outright next year or the year after, I have no doubt that anything less will be unacceptable to those now in charge of this program.

Maggard will not be here long and no one knows what he has in store but all I can see is greatness for the future of this program. I have not heard him mention moving to a new conference but I know that he has a blueprint that he is following and things he wants to accomplish and so far I cannot be more pleased with what he has done so far. I would have to guess that his blueprint has dominating and winning the Sunbelt and then jumping to a better conference and him moving to a Notre Dame or LSU or USC. I'm perfectly fine with that, his success is tied to our success.

To all the losers and haters out there that don't want to talk about moving to another conference and are happy with 5 or 6 wins in the Sunbelt, well hold on to seats because from here on out we are going to be winning so much that you will be tired of it.

#InMaggardITrust
    #GeauxCajuns
    DILLY DILLY!!!

Fellas.....everyone is forgetting to mention the most important person who approved all of this, Dr. Savoie....in today's parlance, we now have a "woke" University President who gets it. Mike Aldin and the associates that he brought in media and marketing laid it out for Doc to see. Dr. Savoie also consulted with other college Presidents. Dr. Maggard was hired and I am certain that Dr. Savoie trusts him to run his Dept. Effeciently. We have a plan and this is just beginning. Thank you Dr. Maggard for your efforts to acquire a "next level" Coach for this program and thank you Dr. Savoie for allowing your man to make this move....onward and upward! Geaux Cajuns!

-win and dominate the Conference
    -prepare aggressively for the next steps
    -it's time for Cajun Nation to step up and get on board in every way...

Billy! Billy!

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Fellas.....everyone is forgetting to mention the most important person who approved all of this, Dr. Savoie....in today's parlance, we now have a "woke" University President who gets it. Mike Aldin and the associates that he brought in media and marketing laid it out for Doc to see. Dr. Savoie also consulted with other college Presidents. Dr. Maggard was hired and I am certain that Dr. Savoie trusts him to run his Dept. Effeciently. We have a plan and this is just beginning. Thank you Dr. Maggard for your efforts to acquire a "next level" Coach for this program and thank you Dr. Savoie for allowing your man to make this move....onward and upward! Geaux Cajuns!
    Well said. Look at what has happened to athletics, national acceptance of our Louisiana name, transformation of campus, enrollment is about to hit 20,000, and academics are on the verge of Tier 1 status. Thank you, Dr. Savoie.

Well said. Thanks Doc S!

Fantastic post: spot on.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread Information