Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Identity

Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    do we let new coach go to tulane if they come in and offer 1mm or do we match it and keep him?

i kid i kid
    You match, but no extensions for non winning seasons and non major Bowl games.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Just an observation here. but why are the donors responsible for buying out his contract. Shouldn’t that money come from the university where he is employed? He’s not my employee so why should I give any money to buy him out? If donors give money to buy him out then it possibly could mean less money for future facility improvements to football and baseball where it’s desperately needed.
    The university is only able to pay an annual portion of his salary of somewhere around $225,000 give or take. That's it and its law. That means for all this other money he is paid it is supplemented by RCAF. I agree with Jack, I don't see how the public would go for spending public dollars to pay out a current coaches remaining contract. I don't even think it would be legal but I'm no attorney.

3. Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    We are paying $1 million for a coach. We fire said coach to pay $500k each year for next three years. We hire new coach. We paid said new coach $500k until he proves himself. Thus, we pay the same with new coach as we would with old coach.
    Brilliant

Can someone explain Alden's role here? He is just a consultant?

Next contract should have most of the bonus/incentive and salary above base salary be contingent on WINNING THE CONFERENCE TITLE

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cajun View Post
    Can someone explain Alden's role here? He is just a consultant?
    You answered your own question.

Here is the question I am wondering. What is our Return on Investment on the $1MM for firing Coach Hud. How many additional Season Tickets in dollars will we sell next season? How many new donors/increased donations will have? If you can reasonable assume these two amount are greater than the $1MM buyout. You pull the trigger. If not then you need to make a plan for the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Troll View Post
    Here is the question I am wondering. What is our Return on Investment on the $1MM for firing Coach Hud. How many additional Season Tickets in dollars will we sell next season? How many new donors/increased donations will have? If you can reasonable assume these two amount are greater than the $1MM buyout. You pull the trigger. If not then you need to make a plan for the difference.
    I was told the numbers from this season, season ticket sales, tailgate lots, RV lots, concessions, football attire, RCAF memberships for parking passes, etc; will be given to Dr
    Savoie at the end of the season. You can start with the facts that season ticket sales were around 7,600 and 200 less parking passes were purchased.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Metry, the two situations are not even close to the same thing, most glaringly, the numbers.
    $17 million for a stadium
    $1 million for a buyout, in installments.

If you ask me, $1 million for a fresh start in football is a bargain.
    And. Metry isn't including the fact that revenues are dwindling under Hud. It is a "fresh start". but it also places a tourniquet on the revenue bleed.

10. Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    If I could do it, I would! It would be worth it just to see your reaction when Magic Mike and his tight shirt are gone.
    Damn Cajun T.what happened between you and Coach HUD? You were helping in recruiting and semi reporting and your posts have turned to hate with name calling and other insultswhat happened? But this was mentioned in the past when you went 180Can you share your feelings???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Damn Cajun T.what happened between you and Coach HUD? You were helping in recruiting and semi reporting and your posts have turned to hate with name calling and other insultswhat happened? But this was mentioned in the past when you went 180Can you share your feelings???
    Boomer, like you and others I got caught up in the hype and winning four straight bowl games. In doing so, I had the opportunity to see inside the daily operations up close and personal. After the NCAA accusations came down, I realized that I was conned by an egotistical sociopath that never takes responsibility for his own mistakes and failures. The next time I see you, we can have a beer and I can talk.

But remember this, the last time you accused me of name calling, hate and using insults it was in your defense of Scott Farmer. You still standing by those accusations?

Boomer, like you and others I got caught up in the hype and winning four straight bowl games. In doing so, I had the opportunity to see inside the daily operations up close and personal. After the NCAA accusations came down, I realized that I was conned by an egotistical sociopath that never takes responsibility for his own mistakes and failures. The next time I see you, we can have a beer and I can talk.

But remember this, the last time you accused me of name calling, hate and using insults it was in your defense of Scott Farmer. You still standing by those accusations?
    T We all got caught up in the moment. We all were thirsty and Hud the Dud gave us a drink of water and we all thought it was a gallon. We all bought in and sold our souls to the devil by demanding that piece of ShAT get paid. Well, this snake oil salesman has been revealed as the garabge he is and the lousy recruiter and coach he is. F him. You kill a snake by chopping off his head and Hud is the small head with a very very very very very very tight snake skin. If Hud remains , Ul football will relegated to a bad D3 school. T SLOW better wise up because the rebellion of awaking of the ANTI HUDDERS have began. T SLOW you next. The Ray Ray legacy has to end as the cajun mafia has proved one big fail. F all those bastards.

13. Default Re: Identity

T, as always, appreciate your honesty.as you know I think, I have been around and worked with 3 head guys and they all kinda were almost gone or left and all had some of the schools most successon the AD I am not that familiar with things other than the baseball deal which I would assume was grounds for termination.stay positive and I will get you a cold one in NO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    T, as always, appreciate your honesty.as you know I think, I have been around and worked with 3 head guys and they all kinda were almost gone or left and all had some of the schools most successon the AD I am not that familiar with things other than the baseball deal which I would assume was grounds for termination.stay positive and I will get you a cold one in NO!!!
    You bet!

I think the softball hire shows that Maggard is serious about the new identity of the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. It seems most people are impressed with this new coach. Time will tell if success will come as well but Maggard has shown he is not timid about getting rid of those in the way of the athletic program moving forward and finding a well qualified replacement.

I firmly believe he has already been doing behind the scenes work on finding the football coach replacement. I know there are restrictions on who they can contact but I think the softball hire bodes well for the future of the whole athletic program under Maggard. I am encouraged.

To those that think the football coach does not need replacing because we won the homecoming game, that thinking is folly. We should not be underdogs at home against a Sunbelt team for homecoming.

The glory days of Louisiana athletics lie in the future.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information