Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Identity

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    This is a strange argument. If I buy a house for 1.5MM and put 500k down it is still extremely important that I show funds for the other 1MM. No one is going to OK this transaction if I do not have means to pay all the money. If I were TJoe and Maggard came to me and said I have 500k procured and am working on the other 1MM.I would tell him to find the other 1MM before I do anything. Raiding the foundation to get a facility built makes a lot more sense than raiding it to pay someone not to work at your university.
    To be clear, I am all for getting a new coach. I just don't think we have the donations to cover it.
    We do have to pay out the contract. But you are glossing over some important facts. We are paying that coach $1M/year. and revenues as a result of his product being down are heading further downward. Since you are a stickler for the $1.5 million buyout being a solid value. Then pay attention to the real math. We are not going to pay the next coach $1M/year. We are also going to, hopefully, place a tourniquet on the current bleed of lost revenues. I'm certain that another year of Hud. and another losing season. would more than cripple our finances. well beyond the buyout value. and cost us years of trying to recover.

The point T was making is that we do not have to have a donor (or donors) on hand to pay the buyout. It isn't like a check is cut for $1.5 million along with the letter of termination. We all know the amount of the buyout. But T is absolutely correct. In fact, every business operates on expectations of future revenues. You do not set budgets for next year strictly based on money in hand. You'd fall behind competitors in a flash.

What T-Joe will do is make sure he understands the sentiment of the primary boosters (including business sponsors that have let him know that they aren't liking the affiliation as of late with a coach that no longer brings value to their co branding with UL football) and the fans in general. T-Joe does not have to have the cash in hand. He knows it. Would T-Joe put out to the primary boosters that he needs their solid commitment upfront? You better believe it. Any smart president would. Does he actually have to have the check? Absolutely not.

This is getting tedious. It is 1.5MM. The fact that only a portion needs to be paid immediately is helpful, but really changes nothing. Now if you are telling me some donors have COMMITTED the 1.5MM in installments and TJOE said no I will back you up. No one who runs a large organization like UL should be betting (or hoping) money comes along the way to cover the cost down the road. You have to have the entire amount committed before making the move.
    How do you think UL funded the Russo construction?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    What is funny is people will find every excuse to give him another year. If the amount is 500K per year in installments why does one donor have to come up with $1.5 million? Why not multiple donors? Again, the only one that can demand the money be paid up front is Tjoe. The same guy that found money in the foundation to pay for the construction of Russo Park. Either way, this is doable after Jan. 1st.
    Again, if it’s so doable.you do it. You are
    Real quick to pay someone 1.5 to go home with other people’s money. It’s not an excuse, no matter how you slice it. It’s paying a man 7 figures to go sit on the couch. Installments or not. I️ get it, you can’t see anything else but the hate you have for Mark Hudspeth. All you want to talk about is what you want to happen. Just because I talk about what I think will happen doesn’t mean I️ want to give him another year. At the end of the day what we want doesn’t mean ___. T-Joe is going to do what he wants and if he wants to use the lump up front sum as a way to give him another year then that’s what he will do.

4. Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Again, if it’s so doable.you do it. You are
    Real quick to pay someone 1.5 to go home with other people’s money. It’s not an excuse, no matter how you slice it. It’s paying a man 7 figures to go sit on the couch. Installments or not. I️ get it, you can’t see anything else but the hate you have for Mark Hudspeth. All you want to talk about is what you want to happen. Just because I talk about what I think will happen doesn’t mean I️ want to give him another year. At the end of the day what we want doesn’t mean ___. T-Joe is going to do what he wants and if he wants to use the lump up front sum as a way to give him another year then that’s what he will do.
    If it's such a far fetched idea, why does it happen across NCAAF 30 times a year? And before you even think about saying it has to do with money, LSU paid Les Miles over $10 million to go away. We are talking about $1 million. The scale of difference is stupid to even question. If we can't afford a million bucks to better our program, SHUT THE ____ING DOORS NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If it's such a far fetched idea, why does it happen across NCAAF 30 times a year? And before you even think about saying it has to do with money, LSU paid Les Miles over $10 million to go away. We are talking about $1 million. The scale of difference is stupid to even question. If we can't afford a million bucks to better our program, SHUT THE ____ING DOORS NOW.
    TJoe Savoie is the president of this place, nowhere else.

How do you think UL funded the Russo construction?
    With foundation money. Bottom line.TJoe was lied to when he was told the money was there for the baseball renovation. It was not but he knew it would be extremely damaging if they did not follow through on the project so he made it happen. He did this so the Athletic Department could save face with the fan base. Am I off base here?

Now TJoe is again in a situation where everyone is clamoring for something but is unwilling to pay for it. When does it stop? A few people on this board have claimed the donors are lined up to pay the buyout. Where are they? Do they not know how to get in touch with the UL administrators? Since you want Hud gone so bad you should broker the meeting and get this thing done.

7. Default Re: Identity

TJoe Savoie is the president of this place, nowhere else.
    Nice deflection. Can't compare ourselves to anyone else, except we do it all the time. You included.

My point stands.

So what if it is paid out in installments? That was the part you conveniently left out in your first post. Yes the buyou is $1.5 million after Jan. 1st, but there is an option to buy him out in installments. The entire amount is not required up front.
    The buyout goes to $1,000,000 after December 31, 2017.

Hudspeth would still be owed his remaining salary and premium benefit until June 30, 2018 as well. The University itself would be on the hook for the buyout portion due before June 30, 2018. RCAF/UL Foundation would be responsible for buyout portion after June 30, 2018.

9. Default Re: Identity

With foundation money. Bottom line.TJoe was lied to when he was told the money was there for the baseball renovation. It was not but he knew it would be extremely damaging if they did not follow through on the project so he made it happen. He did this so the Athletic Department could save face with the fan base. Am I off base here?

Now TJoe is again in a situation where everyone is clamoring for something but is unwilling to pay for it. When does it stop? A few people on this board have claimed the donors are lined up to pay the buyout. Where are they? Do they not know how to get in touch with the UL administrators? Since you want Hud gone so bad you should broker the meeting and get this thing done.
    Metry, the two situations are not even close to the same thing, most glaringly, the numbers.
    $17 million for a stadium
    $1 million for a buyout, in installments.

If you ask me, $1 million for a fresh start in football is a bargain.

Again, if it's so doable.you do it. You are
    Real quick to pay someone 1.5 to go home with other people's money. It's not an excuse, no matter how you slice it. It's paying a man 7 figures to go sit on the couch. Installments or not. I️ get it, you can't see anything else but the hate you have for Mark Hudspeth. All you want to talk about is what you want to happen. Just because I talk about what I think will happen doesn't mean I️ want to give him another year. At the end of the day what we want doesn't mean ___. T-Joe is going to do what he wants and if he wants to use the lump up front sum as a way to give him another year then that's what he will do.
    If I could do it, I would! It would be worth it just to see your reaction when Magic Mike and his tight shirt are gone.

Nice deflection. Can't compare ourselves to anyone else, except we do it all the time. You included.

My point stands.
    It isn’t deflection, I️ don’t think tjoe will fire him. That doesn’t make me anything more than a person giving a realistic opinion. It doesn’t make me a hud lover or want to keep him here. It doesn’t make me the problem or whatever other bullsht y’all come up with for people who don’t agree. This university is capable of a lot of things that don’t get done on a daily basis.not sure why this is such a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    The buyout goes to $1,000,000 after December 31, 2017.

Hudspeth would still be owed his remaining salary and premium benefit until June 30, 2018 as well. The University itself would be on the hook for the buyout portion due before June 30, 2018. RCAF/UL Foundation would be responsible for buyout portion after June 30, 2018.
    Thanks for the specifics.

13. Default Re: Identity

It isn’t deflection, I️ don’t think tjoe will fire him. That doesn’t make me anything more than a person giving a realistic opinion. It doesn’t make me a hud lover or want to keep him here. It doesn’t make me the problem or whatever other bullsht y’all come up with for people who don’t agree. This university is capable of a lot of things that don’t get done on a daily basis.not sure why this is such a surprise.
    Where the hell did I ever accuse you of being a Hud lover? I haven't, so save it. I understand you don't believe it will happen, but you're saying he's not going to do it because it doesn't make financial sense, which is ridiculous.

Where the hell did I ever accuse you of being a Hud lover? I haven't, so save it. I understand you don't believe it will happen, but you're saying he's not going to do it because it doesn't make financial sense, which is ridiculous.
    I’m saying he isn’t going to and his reasoning will be financial. Does it really matter if it’s true or not? Would you feel better if he gets another year for a different reason? This Mike Lotief situation certainly doesn’t help either

15. Default Re: Identity

I'm saying he isn't going to and his reasoning will be financial. Does it really matter if it's true or not? Would you feel better if he gets another year for a different reason?
    My personal opinion is, he won't be our coach in 2018.

If he gets another year here, we may not recover for 5 years. I think Maggard and Alden know that; I think the timing is imperative, especially with the NCAA TV contracts coming up in 2020. I believe TJoe is being pressured to make a move, and I think it will happen. Unlike you and Metry, I have a very good hunch the money is available for the buyout.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information