Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Identity

Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The narrative is that a booster is required to pay the seven figure buyout and I just showed why it is baloney! As I stated, if they are going to brag at a big alumni donors event they've raised $7-$10 mil in total RCAF donations, then it's total BS.
    It is not baloney. A seven figure buyout is required. So what if it is in installments. You still need someone to come up with the money. We have very few people who are willing to do it. Count me in as a person who doubts we have all those big donations in hand.

And as I have said previously, there is a big difference between donating money to a project or team and buying out a coach. A lot of people want to see their money go to something tangible. Maybe we can say this firing is brought to you by service Chevrolet.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    It is not baloney. A seven figure buyout is required. So what if it is in installments. You still need someone to come up with the money. We have very few people who are willing to do it. Count me in as a person who doubts we have all those big donations in hand.

And as I have said previously, there is a big difference between donating money to a project or team and buying out a coach. A lot of people want to see their money go to something tangible. Maybe we can say this firing is brought to you by service Chevrolet.
    Exactly, it’s still 1.5 to send a man Home. It’s pretty funny how easy people throw other people’s money around. Why don’t they take out a 30 year mortgage on HUD’s buyout if paying in installments is so easy and worth it.

I’d bet he’s gone before the end of the year

4. Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    $226G was his base school pay and you know it.

His supplemental subsidized income almost doubled his base pay.
    And that's still HALF of what we're paying the current HC to put out 3 years of the same results. In business, we call that a NET LOSS.

5. Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    And that's still HALF of what we're paying the current HC to put out 3 years of the same results. In business, we call that a NET LOSS.
    Which is why in my post I said "the point is still the same."

I don't think anything needs to be embellished or diminished to show that Hud is woefully underperforming right now.

6. Default Re: Identity

Which is why in my post I said "the point is still the same."

I don't think anything needs to be embellished or diminished to show that Hud is woefully underperforming right now.
    NO one embellished. You just hate the truth.

7. Default Re: Identity

NO one embellished. You just hate the truth.
    "or diminished" I said.

Comparing Bustle's base salary to Hud's subsidized salary is unnecessary to make the point.

8. Default Re: Identity

"or diminished" I said.

Comparing Bustle's base salary to Hud's subsidized salary is unnecessary to make the point.
    No it is not. The fact that you're making that argument shows your lack of understanding for the situation.

9. Default Re: Identity

No it is not. The fact that you're making that argument shows your lack of understanding for the situation.
    The situation is, Hudspeth is underperforming at any price.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Exactly, it's still 1.5 to send a man Home. It's pretty funny how easy people throw other people's money around. Why don't they take out a 30 year mortgage on HUD's buyout if paying in installments is so easy and worth it.
    What is funny is people will find every excuse to give him another year. If the amount is 500K per year in installments why does one donor have to come up with $1.5 million? Why not multiple donors? Again, the only one that can demand the money be paid up front is Tjoe. The same guy that found money in the foundation to pay for the construction of Russo Park. Either way, this is doable after Jan. 1st.

11. Default Re: Identity

The situation is, Hudspeth is underperforming at any price.
    Yep, and with an athletic budget south of $30 million, the extra money we're paying him to lose could be spent a lot more efficiently.

What is funny is people will find every excuse to give him another year. If the amount is 500K per year in installments why does one donor have to come up with $1.5 million? Why not multiple donors? Again, the only one that can demand the money be paid up front is Tjoe. The same guy that found money in the foundation to pay for the construction of Russo Park. Either way, this is doable after Jan. 1st.
    This is a strange argument. If I buy a house for 1.5MM and put 500k down it is still extremely important that I show funds for the other 1MM. No one is going to OK this transaction if I do not have means to pay all the money. If I were TJoe and Maggard came to me and said I have 500k procured and am working on the other 1MM...I would tell him to find the other 1MM before I do anything. Raiding the foundation to get a facility built makes a lot more sense than raiding it to pay someone not to work at your university.
    To be clear, I am all for getting a new coach. I just don’t think we have the donations to cover it.

So what if it is paid out in installments? That was the part you conveniently left out in your first post. Yes the buyou is $1.5 million after Jan. 1st, but there is an option to buy him out in installments. The entire amount is not required up front.

This is a strange argument. If I buy a house for 1.5MM and put 500k down it is still extremely important that I show funds for the other 1MM. No one is going to OK this transaction if I do not have means to pay all the money. If I were TJoe and Maggard came to me and said I have 500k procured and am working on the other 1MM...I would tell him to find the other 1MM before I do anything. Raiding the foundation to get a facility built makes a lot more sense than raiding it to pay someone not to work at your university.
    To be clear, I am all for getting a new coach. I just don't think we have the donations to cover it.
    There is money sitting in RCAF today to cover the loan amount. There is nothing strange about it when I have mentioned the foundation.

So what if it is paid out in installments? That was the part you conveniently left out in your first post. Yes the buyou is $1.5 million after Jan. 1st, but there is an option to buy him out in installments. The entire amount is not required up front.
    This is getting tedious. It is 1.5MM. The fact that only a portion needs to be paid immediately is helpful, but really changes nothing. Now if you are telling me some donors have COMMITTED the 1.5MM in installments and TJOE said no I will back you up. No one who runs a large organization like UL should be betting (or hoping) money comes along the way to cover the cost down the road. You have to have the entire amount committed before making the move.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information