Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Identity

Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Bustle was approaching a half mil.

Same point though.

Key difference:

Bustle was sound on fundamentals but poor on motivation.

Hud sounds good on motivation but is poor on coaching fundamentals.
    Everyone making under a mill is approaching A mill .. 226k is very far from a mill

2. Default Re: Identity

Same point though.

Key difference:

How can anyone take you seriously?

3. Default Re: Identity

LMAO. I know every fan base has its kooks, but these are the type of dopes that "support" our athletic programs.. And of course, the pussee didn't leave his name. SHOCKER

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I am not disagreeing. I am just pointing out the optics. What seem like a no brainer to a fan may not seem the same to a university president or a booster required to come up with a seven figure sum. HUD is easily one of the worst recruiters in D1 football. We see it every week where we are out manned. Winning in the SBC is not about the X and O’s, it is the Jim’s and Joes. We don’t have them and HUD can’t deliver them.
    Baloney! Stop repeating a narrative that is not true! After Jan1st his contract stipulates if UL buys him out. they have until the end of 2020 to buy him out in monthly installments. The cost comes to $500K per year unless Savoie demands the entire amount be paid up front. If he does, then the hit on next year's ticket sales and lost RCAF donations are entirely on him. If they can brag about the $7 million in total RCAF donations this year, I don't want to hear his BS about $500K!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Baloney! Stop repeating a narrative that is not true! After Jan1st his contract stipulates if UL buys him out. they have until the end of 2020 to buy him out in monthly installments. The cost comes to $500K per year unless Savoie demands the entire amount be paid up front. If he does, then the hit on next year's ticket sales and lost RCAF donations are entirely on him. If they can brag about the $7 million in total RCAF donations this year, I don't want to hear his BS about $500K!
    What did I say that is not true? The buyout IS seven figures, hud IS a terrible recruiter and our personnel IS barely above a FCS team.

What did I say that is not true? The buyout IS seven figures, hud IS a terrible recruiter and our personnel IS barely above a FCS team.
    According to 247 Football Recruiting, we are ranked 11th of 12 in the Sunbelt recruiting rankings for 2018.

Nationally we are ranked #132. A bunch of FCS schools are ahead of us. No excuses. We have all of the P5 amenities and we have an urban campus in one of the most talent rich states for football.

No matter what a coach may say, 3 & 4 star recruits matter.

No excuses anymore!

7. Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    According to 247 Football Recruiting, we are ranked 11th of 12 in the Sunbelt recruiting rankings for 2018.

Nationally we are ranked #132. A bunch of FCS schools are ahead of us. No excuses. We have all of the P5 amenities and we have an urban campus in one of the most talent rich states for football.

No excuses anymore!
    Jesus H, that is depressing on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post

No excuses anymore!
    Our facilities our top notch, Lafayette is a place people love, kids can get a quality education. These are things that are not going away and will not change.

What we can change is the reason they aren’t coming here and it has to be one of two things.

1. Head coach

2. Sunbelt Conference

Both of these things CAN change

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    LMAO. I know every fan base has its kooks, but these are the type of dopes that "support" our athletic programs.. And of course, the pussee didn't leave his name. SHOCKER
    You had someone tell you to Go Feed Yourself too? I got the same thing not too long ago.

Some kind soul is worried about us going hungry. Bless them.

Same point though.

Key difference:

Hud USED to be good on motivation. And, I’d even go so far as to say many of Bustle’s recruits wanted to be motivated to run through a wall for their coach. I’m not sure how many of Hud recruits are wired that way.

The narrative is that a booster is required to pay the seven figure buyout and I just showed why it is baloney! As I stated, if they are going to brag at a big alumni donors event they've raised $7-$10 mil in total RCAF donations, then it's total BS.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The narrative is that a booster is required to pay the seven figure buyout and I just showed why it is baloney! As I stated, if they are going to brag at a big alumni donors event they've raised $7-$10 mil in total RCAF donations, then it's total BS.
    Supposedly one guy gave 6 million. Kicker is it in a trust from which only interest/dividends etc. can be used on an annual basis. When the guy passes, athletics can do with it as it wishes.

13. Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    How can anyone take you seriously?
    $226G was his base school pay and you know it.

His supplemental subsidized income almost doubled his base pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Supposedly one guy gave 6 million. Kicker is it in a trust from which only interest/dividends etc. can be used on an annual basis. When the guy passes, athletics can do with it as it wishes.
    Mike, I don't care if Savoie's aunt gave the money, $500 K is not an outrageous number and anyone looking in at our program from across the country would laugh their backsides off! If you can't buy him out in installments, then we are a joke unworthy of discussions concerning any other conference other than the SBC.

15. Default Re: Identity

With ew signing period fired at the end of the season puts the new coach behind the 8 ball.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information