Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Identity

Default Re: Identity

And what's funny is that these same softball "fans" think that Maggard is on a witch hunt. It's obvious that these people have never owned a business in their lifetime. Or they just ignore HR protocol.

2. Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Wtf does politics have to do with this?

Besides, if I'm not mistaken, it was a well known conservative who coined the term "dittoheads".
    You understand that the word 'Liberal' doesn't just assign a political attachment, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cajun View Post
    This is not about politics but definitely about a mentality that has been around far too long.

Look at the softball thread and the letters to the editor that fans are posting.

We grieve for softball just like we grieve for football.

The difference is that WE DO NOT GRIEVE AS OTHERS DO THAT HAVE NO HOPE.

TJoe gave us no hope. Maggard brings us that HOPE.

Don’t tell me that Maggard didn’t have anything to do with the reporting of Lotief. This thing has been going on for years. Instead of sweeping it under the rug, Maggard must have said, “make a formal complaint.”

.and then the dominoes fell, just like they will with the football program.

TJoe has to step aside and let Maggard work and it’s apparent that that’s what happened in softball.

HOPE- at this point it’s all we have.
    You do realize UL is not a sports entity. T-Joe is the boss and Maggard is an employee working in one segment of the campus. Maggard can and should make recommendations but TJoe has the final say and needs to make sure the decision fits with the overall mission of the University. Giving a guy millions of dollars to leave with no guarantee of finding someone better needs to be approached methodically. As we have seen over the past few weeks we have no idea who will win these college football games. HUD could easily win two of the next three, go to a bowl and then win it. Doubtful it happens, but nothing would surprise me.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    The fan base comes in by putting up several million dollars. Talk and emails are cheap. Money is what counts. I would love to have a new coach, but I also know I do not want to put 1 cent toward the buyout. I think TJoe is in a tough spot here. hud has obviously lost the fan base, but his buyout is unprecedented when it comes to UL.
    The "fan base" doesn't "come in" by putting up the money. First, there are ample reasons, starting with a dwindling fan base and dwindling resulting revenue to take action. Second, there's no cheaper and more effective feed forward information on fan tolerance, before apathy and detachment occur, than social media sites dedicated to fans (like this one) or direct emails from fans. And third, it is the "significant boosters" that "come in" and discuss covering the required portion of the buyout. The required portion is much lower than the total. The remainder is paid by recurring revenue that will undoubtedly return with a good hire.

5. Default Re: Identity

You do realize UL is not a sports entity. T-Joe is the boss and Maggard is an employee working in one segment of the campus. Maggard can and should make recommendations but TJoe has the final say and needs to make sure the decision fits with the overall mission of the University. Giving a guy millions of dollars to leave with no guarantee of finding someone better needs to be approached methodically. As we have seen over the past few weeks we have no idea who will win these college football games. HUD could easily win two of the next three, go to a bowl and then win it. Doubtful it happens, but nothing would surprise me.
    What does some crappy bowl win mean at this point? We are paying a premium for a coach that needs to deliver more, and I'm talking finances here, not necessarily wins and losses. You can't put 13k in the stands right now, Metry. It's not just about winning football games. We can get 6-6 with a bowl appearance for a lot cheaper than a Million per Hell, Rickey Bustle was 6-6.

I agree, if the team falls below .500, take your opportunity. I would reassign HUD to an administrative role and then buy him out in 2018.

LSU did this with Van Chancellor a few years back when he was their womens basketball coach.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Giving a guy a million a year to oversee continued failure (on numerous levels) more than overcomes the risk of selecting a new coach (via intelligent information). And no, we don't know if Hud can win 2 more and be bowl eligible (no longer a huge accomplishment in the FBS). But we do know that he put us in the position of needing to win more than lose, just to get to .500. in a weak conference.

And I would think that is exactly why Hud was not gone after the Monroe game.

No doubt Maggard is identifying his replacement now if he has not found him.

I’m not sure what winning a bowl game has to do with the future of the program.

We have won several bowl games but are not competitive in our conference.

SAD!!!!

I’m thankful for where Hud brought the football program and the athletic program in general, but it’s time to move. Being competitive in the Sunbelt is a MINIMUM requirement for the program given the resources it now has that DO NOT come from the university but from the FANS.

Winning a bowl game is a diversion.

9. Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cajun View Post
    And I would think that is exactly why Hud was not gone after the Monroe game.

No doubt Maggard is identifying his replacement now if he has not found him.

I’m not sure what winning a bowl game has to do with the future of the program.

We have won several bowl games but are not competitive in our conference.

SAD!!!!

I’m thankful for where Hud brought the football program and the athletic program in general, but it’s time to move. Being competitive in the Sunbelt is a MINIMUM requirement for the program given the resources it now has that DO NOT come from the university but from the FANS.

Winning a bowl game is a diversion.
    Again, nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    What does some crappy bowl win mean at this point? We are paying a premium for a coach that needs to deliver more, and I'm talking finances here, not necessarily wins and losses. You can't put 13k in the stands right now, Metry. It's not just about winning football games. We can get 6-6 with a bowl appearance for a lot cheaper than a Million per Hell, Rickey Bustle was 6-6.
    I am not disagreeing. I am just pointing out the optics. What seem like a no brainer to a fan may not seem the same to a university president or a booster required to come up with a seven figure sum. HUD is easily one of the worst recruiters in D1 football. We see it every week where we are out manned. Winning in the SBC is not about the X and O’s, it is the Jim’s and Joes. We don’t have them and HUD can’t deliver them.

11. Default Re: Identity

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Rickey Bustle was 6-6.
    Key regular season difference:

Bustle got to 6-6 once

Hud fell below 6-6 once

Another key difference:

-Bustle was paid 1/4 of Hud's salary

-Bustle had no APC to recruit to

-Bustle had a much smaller overall budget to work with

-During Bustle's tenure, there were fewer bowls to get invited to. 5-7 teams in bowl games are the norm now.

Right now, we are paying Hud 4x the salary for the same exact results. I'm not saying that Bustle was the answer, but we are definitely underachieving for the resources that we have at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Bustle got to 6-6 once

Hud fell below 6-6 once
    The point is it’s time to move FORWARD.

Like it was said above, Hud can’t deliver anymore. Let’s thank him for what he’s done and move on.

This is completely Huds program now. Couple coaches left from when he’s got here. All players he’s recruited.

We can do better and move forward. Is it too much to want to be competitive in the Sunbelt???? A bowl game does not matter to me if we can’t beat Monroe at home, etc. Have you been to Monroe’s stadium? They have nicer facilities at high schools. If we don’t respect ourselves, who will respect us?

When Hud said he couldn’t do any worse at quarterback than the players HE recruited, HE coached, HE gameplanned for, what does that say about his leadership NOW???!??

EVERYTHING is about NOW. Not the past.

It’s about Maggard finding us a new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Bustle got to 6-6 once

Hud fell below 6-6 once
    And $800k less

15. Default Re: Identity

Bustle was approaching a half mil.

Same point though.

Key difference:

Bustle was sound on fundamentals but poor on motivation.

Hud sounds good on motivation but is poor on coaching fundamentals.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information