Thread: Jay's NBC Suggestion

Default Jay's NBC Suggestion

On today's Nothing But Cajuns show, Jay Walker has a suggestion for Cajun fans who have temporarily stopped supporting the men's basketball program. Suggestion is to forget about that stance for one night. That night is this coming Saturday which is Senior Night. Reason is he believes that the five seniors who will be honored on Saturday deserve to have as many people as possible in the stands to say thank you to them. Three will soon get degrees, another should be the conference player of the year, while another has turned his life around. Jay had a few other reasons but I don't remember them all now. He can post here and elaborate. Personally, I agree with Jay on this issue. Note, he did not suggest people who have adopted the stance of you need to make a change to regain my support are wrong. He understands that perspective. It's just that he believes the five guys have represented the school well in their years here and they should be shown appreciation. Question I have is will any of you take him up on his suggestion. If so, why? If not, why not? Obviously this is not a situation applicable for people out of town. I also understand that many of you are not basketball fans and rarely attend regardless of how the team is doing. This question is mainly for folks who used to regularly attend and are not doing so now.

Default Re: Jay's NBC Suggestion

I'll be there but I already make about 70% of the games anyway. For anyone who is just a fan of basketball it is a treat to see TJ play the game.I hope he can make it at the next level. From a NBA standpoint, I'm only skeptical about his handles on fast breaks with his left. Other than that the dude is unreal.

I'm a basketball fan but I'll probably be at the baseball game on Saturday. I just like baseball more than I like basketball. I will say this though; thank you to all the seniors, especially Tyren Johnson who is a freak. Go Cajuns, let's make some noise.

4. Default Re: Jay's NBC Suggestion

Great idea Jay.

Thanks Mike

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ I'm a basketball fan but I'll probably be at the baseball game on Saturday. I just like baseball more than I like basketball. I will say this though; thank you to all the seniors, especially Tyren Johnson who is a freak. Go Cajuns, let's make some noise. _
    Baseball should end about the time basketball begins. That should allow the opportunity to attend both games. I do understand doing so would take a lot of time out of the day and family obligations may prevent one from going to both.

I will be there. I did give up my season tickets this year but ended up going to about 80% of the games anyway.Smart decision right? Anyhow, I understand that platform as well but you support the school, not necessarily one coach. These kids have worked hard and gone through a lot. They deserve to be honored by our fanbase. Someone who has invested so much energy and time into this program like Tyren Johnson deserves so much more than somebody who is refraining from games due to the coach.

If my kids cooperate during the baseball game, I plan on attending the basketball game. I agree 100% with Jay's comments yesterday. I can put my feelings for the basketball program aside and support the players.

Great idea. But all of you that have boycotted the team please wait until the
    game starts to buy your beer. Those of us who have stuck with the team thru this season deserve
    a short beer line before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    _ Great idea. But all of you that have boycotted the team please wait until the
    game starts to buy your beer. Those of us who have stuck with the team thru this season deserve
    a short beer line before the game. _

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ On today's Nothing But Cajuns show, Jay Walker has a suggestion for Cajun fans who have temporarily stopped supporting the men's basketball program. Suggestion is to forget about that stance for one night. That night is this coming Saturday which is Senior Night. Reason is he believes that the five seniors who will be honored on Saturday deserve to have as many people as possible in the stands to say thank you to them. Three will soon get degrees, another should be the conference player of the year, while another has turned his life around. Jay had a few other reasons but I don't remember them all now. He can post here and elaborate. Personally, I agree with Jay on this issue. Note, he did not suggest people who have adopted the stance of you need to make a change to regain my support are wrong. He understands that perspective. It's just that he believes the five guys have represented the school well in their years here and they should be shown appreciation. Question I have is will any of you take him up on his suggestion. If so, why? If not, why not? Obviously this is not a situation applicable for people out of town. I also understand that many of you are not basketball fans and rarely attend regardless of how the team is doing. This question is mainly for folks who used to regularly attend and are not doing so now. _
    My family and I will be there for the players, but we although we like coach Lee as a person are ALL ready for and UPGRADE!!!!!!!!! Lets do it right admin, this is one of your first hires.please do not blow it!!!

I will be going to my first game this year. This is the least I have followed basketball since I was 8 years old, but since I am going to the baseball game I will attend. I have heard Tyren has turned into a solid player, I hope to see that on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ I will be going to my first game this year. This is the least I have followed basketball since I was 8 years old, but since I am going to the baseball game I will attend. I have heard Tyren has turned into a solid player, I hope to see that on Saturday. _
    Tyren has turned into more than a solid player. He is now an outstanding player. Of course anyone can have a so so game and is it is possible he may not perform as well as he would like on Saturday. You are not the only one who has paid minimum attention to basketball this year. I suspect you and and a few others will regain interest next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ Tyren has turned into more than a solid player. He is now an outstanding player. Of course anyone can have a so so game and is it is possible he may not perform as well as he would like on Saturday. You are not the only one who has paid minimum attention to basketball this year. I suspect you and and a few others will regain interest next season. _
    So, what was the attendance last night?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ So, what was the attendance last night? _

Thread Information