Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, Ole Miss 94

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Good call.
    Unfortunately, we see this all too often. Its one of Bob's biggest criticisms. Like Hud, we can't win the bigger games even when we have the talent to do so. It's an all too common occurrence. I've often found we just don't have the composure to withstand the big run by some of these teams and we get left behind when it counts.

2. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

Stroman is a true point guard. He set up easy bucket opportunities over and over again.
    Russell is obviously the real deal.
    We are more athletic.
    Bartley looked to play more under control, which is crucial for his game.
    I liked our energy on defense and hands in the passing lanes.

Still can't shoot free throws.
    Still can't finish around the basket.
    Still lack size.
    Still have a huge problem with our ability to adjust after halftime.

I expect this team to get better as the season progresses.
    No way you don't start Russell from here on out. He is fearless.
    We need Davis to play, asap.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Stroman is a true point guard. He set up easy bucket opportunities over and over again.
    Russell is obviously the real deal.
    We are more athletic.
    Bartley looked to play more under control, which is crucial for his game.
    I liked our energy on defense and hands in the passing lanes.

Still can't shoot free throws.
    Still can't finish around the basket.
    Still lack size.
    Still have a huge problem with our ability to adjust after halftime.

I expect this team to get better as the season progresses.
    No way you don't start Russell from here on out. He is fearless.
    We need Davis to play, asap.
    The one thing we absolutely need ASAP is a coach who is more interested in making his team better than in padding his record. Every single problem you list is a coaching problem, and every one of them has been a problem for every Marlin team at UL. There is a common theme, and it is the head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    The one thing we absolutely need ASAP is a coach who is more interested in making his team better than in padding his record. Every single problem you list is a coaching problem, and every one of them has been a problem for every Marlin team at UL. There is a common theme, and it is the head coach.
    The finishing problem is one that has been a factor here since the Robert Lee years. I don't know how much that is emphasized in practice but it is one of the most frustrating things about the program. As far as coaching goes, we all know that a record similar to the last three will not result in a change no matter how disappointing that is to fans.

5. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The finishing problem is one that has been a factor here since the Robert Lee years. I don't know how much that is emphasized in practice but it is one of the most frustrating things about the program. As far as coaching goes, we all know that a record similar to the last three will not result in a change no matter how disappointing that is to fans.
    We fired Lee, a great coach to teach our young players ethics, and hard work. He just couldn’t win. Bob’s simply been mediocre his entire time here. Cannot change those facts. We, UL, seems fine with mediocre in basketball.

Wonder how things may have been different if we keep Glynn Cyprien as head coach if he didn’t have resume issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We fired Lee, a great coach to teach our young players ethics, and hard work. He just couldn’t win. Bob’s simply been mediocre his entire time here. Cannot change those facts. We, UL, seems fine with mediocre in basketball.
    And with Lee's shortcomings, he's still the only coach in recent memory to win a conference championship outright which is interesting.

I get that we got beat by a large margin, but part of that was because we were fouling in trash time and they were making all of the FTs. We had a chance to come back when we were 6 points down and the Freshman (number 0) hit 2 3 point shots back to back. Unfortunately, he let the crowd get to him and drew the TF. This was a freshman mistake, so I cannot be too hard on the kid. I am sure he learned a great lesson from this.

But my point is, there is a lot to like about this team. This was only 1 game against a SEC team on the road. I expect this team may be pretty good this year. This team has one of the deepest benches I have seen in a while for the Cajuns.

9. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I get that we got beat by a large margin, but part of that was because we were fouling in trash time and they were making all of the FTs. We had a chance to come back when we were 6 points down and the Freshman (number 0) hit 2 3 point shots back to back. Unfortunately, he let the crowd get to him and drew the TF. This was a freshman mistake, so I cannot be too hard on the kid. I am sure he learned a great lesson from this.

But my point is, there is a lot to like about this team. This was only 1 game against a SEC team on the road. I expect this team may be pretty good this year. This team has one of the deepest benches I have seen in a while for the Cajuns.
    .Watching on tv I didn't see what he did.also the OM shooter made a jjesture to the crowd.what did do???

10. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And with Lee's shortcomings, he's still the only coach in recent memory to win a conference championship outright which is interesting.
    Jesse left the cupboard overflowing

Overflowing, just not eligible.

12. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post

Fish, Ole Miss went from down 10 to up by 12 or more in ten minutes. Two 3’s got it back to six, but we gave it back and more before the necessary end of game fouls.

13. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

Jessie didn't have to deal with APR.

Robert was not prepared and overreacted to what the NCAA gifted him.

14. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Jessie didn't have to deal with APR.

Robert was not prepared and overreacted to what the NCAA gifted him.
    Stalcup needs to step up his play by blocking inside shots w/o fouling, pulling down loose balls with his hands on the ball, and hitting his soft lil shot from the elbows!!!

Again, the coach has to come in and coach the players. There is much more to coaching than recruiting wouldn't you say? This is the same general response you get when someone wants to diminish what a coach accomplished. "Oh, he did it with someone else's kids" but that is only a small component of the job done.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information